1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic G9 for $1097.99 - Focus Camera: Trade In Camera/Lens value + $400 off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by LilSebastian, Aug 13, 2018.

1. LilSebastian

LilSebastian Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Pasadena, CA
    I don't know this dealer, but seems worth checking out if you are in the market for a G9. $1097.99 after the $400 rebate and whatever value they give for your trade it.

Focus Camera: Trade-In Qualifying DSLR/DSLM/Lens, Get Lumix G9 $400 Off (Plus Trade-In Value)

How It Works:
    • Purchase a Panasonic Lumix G9 20.3MP Mirrorless Camera (Body Only, Black) $1,497.99
      • Included free (automatically added to cart):
        • Sony SF-G Series 128GB Class 10 UHS-II SD Card
        • Wenger SwissGear SHERPA Large Camera Case
        • Corel MAC Essentials Suite
    • Complete the Trade In Program Form
    • Send Focus Camera your gear with a free UPS label from their Trade and Used Department.
    • Focus Camera will evaluate your items and provide a final offer.
    • If you agree to the trade, Focus Camera will refund your Panasonic order with the appraised value of your trade in PLUS the Panasonic bonus offer of $400.
    • Price will be $1,497.99 (purchase price) - $400 Panasonic offer = $1097.99 - trade-in value of your equipment (varies by equipment traded)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ToxicTabasco

ToxicTabasco Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2018
    South West USA
    That is a bargain of a deal.

3. Tool Crazy

Tool Crazy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2018
    Great deal! I too saw it on slickdeals. Too bad I just bought a used one, however after ebay deals I got it for the same price as the Focus camera deal. Too bad this deal wasn't around last week when I ordered mine :( 
    I've been wanting one of those super fast Sony cards, especially at that size

One big question though, Where does it say a lens qualifies for trade in bonus?
    I've noticed people including the OP say a trade in LENS qualifies for the deal, however I don't see anywhere in the Focus Camera deal say anything about a lens qualifying for trade in +$400. All it says is "Bonus $400 towards the trade in of a working digital interchangeable lens camera". It makes it clear only a camera qualifies for the bonus, specifically one that is an interchangeable lens camera.

4. Ossiva

Ossiva Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 31, 2017
    TEXAS!
    It says "up to $600." Is the $400 Panasonic cash not guaranteed? Might be missing something since I'm On a mobile device.

5. Tool Crazy

Tool Crazy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2018
    $200 instant savings which drops the price down to $1499.99. The extra $400 is a bonus from a qualifying trade in camera plus the trade in value on top of that. While they word the bonus as being up to $400, I've spoken to Focus camera before about that and they've confirmed the bonus cash is fixed which in this case is fixed at $400, not "up to".
    Haven't bought from them before but I'm tempted in this deal, even if I already bought a used one. I'm just trying to think of the lowest price m43 camera I can buy on ebay to qualify for the deal.

6. ralf-11

ralf-11 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 16, 2017
    Dang - just paid $100 more for a similar package, but with the 25/1.7 lens added...

7. red_zergling

red_zergling Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Samys Camera and B&H had the same deal if anyone buys through them instead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. red_zergling

Nov 30, 2017
    I'm driving into my local Samy's Camera today to see if I can get a decent trade in. Also, have a quote from Focus Camera and waiting on B&H.

9. dirtdevil

dirtdevil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2017
    So you actually got a better deal than this one?

10. ralf-11

ralf-11 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 16, 2017
    Yes, if you count the 25/1.7 but I don't really need it.

11. seattlebruin

seattlebruin Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    this also includes the 128GB UHS-II card which is retailing for $200+

12. Ossiva

Ossiva Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 31, 2017
    TEXAS!
    So far, can anyone comments on what cameras have qualified for the trade in offer (and get the $400 bonus)? I'm sure an old GF2 wouldn't make the cut.

13. ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock Mu-43 Top Veteran

I spoke with Amanda a few hours ago and just a Tamron 10-24mm qualified... however they would only give me a third of what it was worth.

On my G85 they offered about $90 less than what I could "ideally" get off eBay after fees. So I'll be sending that to them.

14. dirtdevil

dirtdevil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2017
    Hmm...I have a G85 too, very tempting...:blush:

15. red_zergling

Nov 30, 2017
    Samys Camera offered me way below market value of my G85. They didn't recommend trading it in with them. Gonna wait and see from B&H but focus was pretty fair.

16. Hal Knowles

Hal Knowles Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    As part of their Panasonic Takeover weekend, Precision Camera (a Panasonic USA authorized retailer in Austin, TX) is offering an extra $100 off the G9, bringing the total price down to $999 (after the $200 Panasonic instant rebate, $400 trade-in discount, and the $100 store retailer instate rebate). Just give them a call as it is not yet online.

Panasonic Takeover

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. whumber

whumber Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2017
    I'm seriously tempted to buy another G9 and sell it just to get the Sony card. G9 sales must be awful though for such an insane price cut; based on what Hal just posted this is effectively a 55% price drop only 8 months after release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ossiva

Ossiva Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 31, 2017
    TEXAS!
    It didn't help that the Fuji XH1 and Sony A7III came out shortly after the release and at approx. the same price point.

I'm extremely tempted by this deal, but a massive price cut 6 weeks before Photokina is interesting. I'm probably going to pass and see what Panasonic and Olympus announce in September.

19. robfilms

robfilms Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 28, 2017
    metro nyc
    i see that b&h also has a "deal".

so b&h has $200 off and is now $1499/body only.

now there is a $400 off panasonic sale going on.

that brings the price to $1099.

if i sell them my mint g7 and kit lens, they are offing $250.

so, are brand new g9s going for $849?

anyone have a lower price.

i am really tempted.

thanks in advance.

thumbs up.

rob

20. LilSebastian

LilSebastian Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Pasadena, CA

No, brand new G9 is selling for $1097.99 but your G7 trade in means you pay $849.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.