Panasonic G9 EVF/LCD problem

Crimedog

New to Mu-43
I have a weird display issue happening on the display of my G9. It affects both the EVF and LCD, and only seems to happen in Manual mode. i just updated the firmware to 2.1 hoping it would help...it didn't. Happens regardless of which lens I use.

The problem is that the display gets really, really laggy at certain times. It appears to happen when I select a slow shutter speed, as if it is using the shutter speed as the display refresh rate. Looks pretty good up to about 1/30s, noticeably slower at 1/15s, pronounced at 1/8, and drops off fast after that. Very bothersome at 1/2s, and pretty much unusable any slower than that.

This appears to be entirely dependent on shutter speed, other exposure settings seem to have no impact. And only in manual mode. I can switch to shutter priority and dial in the same speeds with no change to EVF/LCD performance.

Any ideas? Combed the menus for a setting that might be related, but didn't find anything promising (and I can't imagine why anyone would want this to happen anyway). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
You have Live View switched on. I don't have a G9, so I can't say where in the G9 menu that feature is listed. So you'll need to check with the manual. Switch off live view for slow shutter speeds if you want to avoid that lag.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have a weird display issue happening on the display of my G9. It affects both the EVF and LCD, and only seems to happen in Manual mode. i just updated the firmware to 2.1 hoping it would help...it didn't. Happens regardless of which lens I use.

The problem is that the display gets really, really laggy at certain times. It appears to happen when I select a slow shutter speed, as if it is using the shutter speed as the display refresh rate. Looks pretty good up to about 1/30s, noticeably slower at 1/15s, pronounced at 1/8, and drops off fast after that. Very bothersome at 1/2s, and pretty much unusable any slower than that.

This appears to be entirely dependent on shutter speed, other exposure settings seem to have no impact. And only in manual mode. I can switch to shutter priority and dial in the same speeds with no change to EVF/LCD performance.

Any ideas? Combed the menus for a setting that might be related, but didn't find anything promising (and I can't imagine why anyone would want this to happen anyway). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You have 'Constant Preview' turned on. Go to the Custom Settings menu (C+Wrench) -> Monitor Display Page 5/7 and turn it off. Might want to assign it to your "My Menu" since sometimes its useful to have it on.

Jrsforums

Mu-43 Regular
You have 'Constant Preview' turned on. Go to the Custom Settings menu (C+Wrench) -> Monitor Display Page 5/7 and turn it off. Might want to assign it to your "My Menu" since sometimes its useful to have it on.
It can also be assigned to the ‘Q.menu’

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom