Panasonic G9 Amazon warehouse 20% off

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That's a good video if you are on the fence. Within the shared apertures, the performance between these two lenses are exceedingly close. For video work, you may want to go the PL route if you want to pull a zoom without having to rack focus or use autofocus.

Jay_M

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That's a good video if you are on the fence. Within the shared apertures, the performance between these two lenses are exceedingly close. For video work, you may want to go the PL route if you want to pull a zoom without having to rack focus or use autofocus.

He's probably my favorite youtube reviewer, lots of MFT stuff and fair comparisons to other systems often.

For me the total package of stuff the PL offers over the P (summarized in the video) makes it a worthwhile purchase, especially with used prices around $500. For someone who already has the P12-60, maybe not?

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
He's probably my favorite youtube reviewer, lots of MFT stuff and fair comparisons to other systems often.

For me the total package of stuff the PL offers over the P (summarized in the video) makes it a worthwhile purchase, especially with used prices around $500. For someone who already has the P12-60, maybe not?
I enjoy his reviews as well.

I think MFT zoom lenses need speed to approach the full envelope of shooting scenarios that I'm used to from my FF system. I could live with F4 on my D750 since I can easily make medium prints (16x24) from ISO6400 shots, but with MFT, every bit of speed helps. Since I have the P12-60, I think I can afford to return this PL12-60 and roll the dice another day to see if I get a better copy. It's not every day you see a clean copy around $500, though.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For anyone still interested, the pl12-60 has been returned (fingers crossed the seller will give me the refund) and I will likely travel with my 12-40 along with a 35-100 2.8 mk. I I have coming in the mail. In keeping with the drawbacks of the smaller sensor, the 2.8s should help while being much smaller than the FF equivalents in price, size, and weight. If I really want to go light, I could swap out those lenses for the p12-60.

The 12-40 seems to work well with the g9 ibis despite the lack of any ois.

I'll do my best to refrain from buying any more big ticket lenses until they release a 12-60 f/2.8 or something along those lines. Fingers crossed. Unlikely, but we can hope.

Latest threads

Top Bottom