1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic G9 Amazon warehouse 20% off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by tkbslc, Nov 19, 2018.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ooheadsoo

ooheadsoo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2018
    Any one bite the bullet?

3. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    Your just cost me nearly $1k I've been seriously thinking about getting a G9 decided this was a pretty good deal. They say I'll have it Monday.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ooheadsoo

ooheadsoo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2018
    Misery loves company :crying:

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

No, no, no, we saved you $300... :) 

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    Actually yes. I was waiting for another month or so but the price was to good!

7. cdmicha

cdmicha Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Arkansas
    Chris
    Make sure you test it thoroughly once you receive it- I've not had great luck with Amazon Warehouse deals (mostly items coming DOA). Thankfully the return policy is simple, but I hope you don't have to use it! I love my G9.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    Thanks, I haven't bought from the warehouse before but I've had good luck with other such purchases.

9. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2012
    looks like a good deal.

10. Repp

Repp Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    Bah, it's no longer available. I really need a new body so that I can send my GX8 in for repairs before the warranty expires in January. Hopefully there will be a good sale this week.

11. ooheadsoo

ooheadsoo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2018
    Keep checking back. I've been watching it for the last day or two, and stock gets periodically refreshed.

12. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    I think I got the last one

13. Jay_M

Jay_M Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 30, 2018
    AZ
    As someone who has no need for a camera as good as the G9, I have zero regrets splurging for one when they had a crazy trade-in rebate a few months ago. I say if you can make it work financially, DO IT :laugh1:

14. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    My budget for this sale weekend is for a new camera, an OLED tv, and perhaps a dog... my credit card is going to love me, lol.

15. HappyCamp

HappyCamp Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 14, 2018
    There is an "open box" G9 at Samy's Camera on Ebay store for $999. I bought one a month ago when it was $1,099. When I checked the shutter count it said 42. It seemed like brand new to me.

Here is a link to it: Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Mirrorless Micro 4/3s Digital Camera Body (Open Box) 885170328679 | eBay

I have received two "open box" items from them. The G9 and a lens. They are open box and have stickers on them that say so. But the items appeared like brand new to me, so they hadn't been used much. I actually ordered a 12-35mm from them today as open box.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  16. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    Hmm, I’ll have to call and see if they’re able to ship to an APO address. Their website says they use fedex and normally only ship to the 48 conus states.

17. ooheadsoo

ooheadsoo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2018
    Good luck with that. Samy's is a very reputable brick and mortar local to me and I would have jumped on this one if I hadn't snagged the one on Amazon.

18. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    I received the the G9 last night. It looks like a new camera, no visible blemishes or signs of abuse. Shutter count is 3400 so it hasn't been used to much. Everything seems to be AOK. While it is bigger than the EM5 II it feels great in my hands. It's about the size of my old Nikon D50, my first DSLR. Updated the firmware to the latest (it was one rev behind). Also updated my 42.5/f1.2 to a newer rev. I think I'm going to like this camera, a lot! The evf is gorgeous.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    I’ve got one in route as well. Didn’t get a response from samys e-bay email contact, so ended up going for the slightly more expensive, but still on good sale, adorama purchase. They were a snap to get ahold of via chat to make sure that they could ship it to a military post box.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ooheadsoo

ooheadsoo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2018
    Mine has arrived from Amazon not without its share of drama. Not well packed, missing all paperwork, and the strap I will never use. Haven't had the chance to check the shutter count, the good news is that the camera appears to be fully operational.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.