1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic G85 & 100-400 video stabilization sample

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by mumu, May 21, 2019.

1. mumu

mumu Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    (Not sure if this should be in Video section or Panasonic section so I put it here.)

I threw together some wildlife video clips from a recent trip to Costa Rica to demonstrate the kind of stability that you can expect while handholding the 100-400 at or around its maximum focal length. Approx 50% of the clips were filmed with my elbows resting on a railing (the clips featuring birds at a feeder) while the rest were handheld while standing. I didn't use Warp Stabilizer on these clips for this video. But for the "official" videos I made from the trip, I applied Warp Stabilizer to 8-10 clips in total. I was frequently amazed at how steady the image was while I was handholding an equiv 800mm lens.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.