Panasonic G7 + $150 gift card = $598.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by tkbslc, Dec 20, 2015.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. johnsigs

johnsigs Mu-43 Regular

Works out to $448. that is a steal

3. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    The silver is also showing a 4% "reward" bring it down to $424.

4. skellington

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    And Adorama is still doing the $598 with a "$249" microphone on the G7.

5. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Wow! The G7 is very tempting ... that post focus feature looks very cool.

Adorama has an optional $100 gift card bundle, e.g., you can choose whether to get the free mic or the gift card. I bet they would match BHP.

panasonic g7 Buy or Learn at Adorama

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  6. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    I ordered from Adorama last week with the GC option... Definitely calling them for a match today

7. skellington

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    And it might be a little tricky, but check your email. Adorama sent me a "buy a $500 gift card, get a coupon for $50 off." The coupon will be sent within 48 hours.

So you might could get the G7 for $550 with the microphone.. If the price doesn't go up within 48 hours.

8. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Geez, that's a crazy price. After you sell off the kit lens, you could easily have the body for $350. For anyone who does serious video, that seems hard to ignore...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Its not a straight upgrade from my gx7, but 4k and DFD would be. I'm very very tempted.

10. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Yeah, no IBIS, larger and more plasticky body, but the extra drive mode dial, articulating screen, better EVF, 4K, and DFD to compensate.

Heck. Even I'm tempted now, hahaha...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Got in touch with Adorama last night about the GC match... after being on hold a bit (and the rep. himself verifying that they were the exact same kits by visiting B&H website), the answer I got was "we are going to look into it further and come back to you in 24-48 hours"... guess that's either a brush off or a hope that the deal expires (since it includes next day shipping, presumably to be in time for Xmas)- either way I have a time stamped screenshot of the deal. Would be nice to get some extra credit for future purchasing :biggrin:

12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    They did the same thing to me once. Waited to answer about price match until deal expired, then said "we don't see the price you are talking about". When I mentioned that the deal expired because they didn't answer my question for two days they said "sorry".

13. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I grabbed a demo G7 for just $469 and no regrets, so I'd say deals near that price are excellent! Features and ability to customize the camera are numerous. I thought DPReview was silly when talking about overly complex but now I get what they mean! Once set up it can capture great video and stills, and I have barely touched on its possibilities so far.

14. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    There is also a Panasonic offer for a 3-year warranty on a lot of their bodies and lenses-
    Triple Your Warranty Bonus Offer

As someone mentioned above, the GX7 has way better build quality and feel than the G7. But the G7 is a plastic fantastic killer IMO if the extra features are meaningful to you. The EVF is great (and better aspect ratio for photos), DFD so far seems great for real continuous AF of moving subjects, 4K photo mode is fantastic if you shoot any sports, etc.

15. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Update: last night around 10pm, completely at random, I got an email from Adorama with a $50 GC code... guess the price match worked after all! Hopefully some others can take advantage of that as well, happy holidays everyone!