Panasonic G6 Focus speed.

D

Dave Reynell

As a prospective "upgrader" from my venerable Panasonic DMC-G1 (aged 4 years and 11 months) I have been reading a lot about the G6 which, by most accounts, is reputed to be a lightning-fast "focusser". Now at the same time I have been reading a lot about how sloth-like the Panasonic 20mm/f1.7 is.

Soooo... What happens if I clip my Panasonic 20mm/f1.7 onto a new Panasonic G6 body ?

dweller

Mu-43 Veteran
As a prospective "upgrader" from my venerable Panasonic DMC-G1 (aged 4 years and 11 months) I have been reading a lot about the G6 which, by most accounts, is reputed to be a lightning-fast "focusser". Now at the same time I have been reading a lot about how sloth-like the Panasonic 20mm/f1.7 is.

Soooo... What happens if I clip my Panasonic 20mm/f1.7 onto a new Panasonic G6 body ?

It'll still be slow I'm afraid. Nothing will speed it up significantly.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
It will take great pictures. I find the "sloth-like" responses vastly over-emphasized on my copy. However, I dont mount a hood on it, so less weight to move.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app

LowTEC

Mu-43 Regular
Like many things in life, the whole chain will always held back by the weakest link. Tried the 20 1.7 on GH3, not that impressive in terms of focus speed, sorry.

D

Dave Reynell

G6 focus speed with the 20mm/f1.7

So be it !

I too can live with the slowish response as most of the time I shoot in good light and a lot of my photography revolves around landscapes etc.

Thanks for your replies.

Dave

napilopez

Contributing Editor
Real Name
Napier Lopez
The 20mm isn't that slow in good light(and in low light you may be better served by MF anyway). It's slow by micro four thirds standard, but still feels comparable to focusing with many DSLR lenses on midrange bodies to me.

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro

Slow is a relative term. It's not THAT bad... its just slow for m43.

mossback

New to Mu-43

I find I get relatively good performance with the 20mm on the G6, provided the lighting is adequate. In low light, it may hunt a bit.

comptr

Mu-43 Rookie
When using the 20mm lens on the G6 I did not notice the slow focus speed but I only had the lens for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Top Bottom