Panasonic G6 firmware

FUNFINDER

New to Mu-43
Has anyone updated your G6 (or other Panasonic G) with the latest firmware update ver. 1.5? I have been trying to update my G6 but cannot get the firmware to download to the camera. I have followed the instructions given by the Panasonic support website but it just will not work. What am I doing wrong? I hope someone here can steer me in the right direction, before I put the rest of my hair out. Thanks in advance.

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Follow these steps

Has anyone updated your G6 (or other Panasonic G) with the latest firmware update ver. 1.5? I have been trying to update my G6 but cannot get the firmware to download to the camera. I have followed the instructions given by the Panasonic support website but it just will not work. What am I doing wrong? I hope someone here can steer me in the right direction, before I put the rest of my hair out. Thanks in advance.
1. Start with a fully charged battery
2. Format an SD card - take ONE photo
3. Download the file - make sure you unzip it if it's downloaded in ZIP format. Otherwise run the EXE file and it will create the file to a folder.
4. Copy & Paste (Do not drag and drop) the firmware file to the card in its root, not in any folder.
5. Place card in camera, turn on, place in PLAY mode. It should auto start.

It will not load if
Version 1.5 is already installed
The version installed in the same or newer.

Most of the time Mac users drag and drop, instead of cut and paste.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom