Panasonic G5 Deal at Adorama

tpitch14

Mu-43 Regular
As discussed in posts 13-16, this deal is no longer active. People are just posting alternative ones now.
Don't worry, if the past is any indication, it will come back around at Adorama...shortly after I picked up the 2 lens package, the price shot up to $998, and came back down a week or two later. Just be patient and you'll surely get the good deal from them again! :thumbup:

MadMan

Mu-43 Regular
I've seen a similar deal pop up over the past few months, so if you wait one might pop up again.
You were right, I found a bit better deal actually (for me). Right now you can get the same setup (G5 + 14-42 old kit + 45-150) at amazon for $498. No GC involved. Click on the "special offers" box for promotion to get 45-150 for $200 off if you buy the G5 kit. Right now it's $198, so it's free with the $498 camera.

If anyone gets it & don't mind the extra step, please consider supporting Wisconsin Public Radio (NPR) by going to wpr.org and going to the lumix gf5 page by using the search box in the upper right of the page.

I wish they had the G5X kit at amazon too (14-42 PZ instead), or at least have the new 14-42 kit lens already :(

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, the kit lens on the G5 is the older design, not the new more compact one. Not the best lens, and probably the lens I use the least.

The G5 actually seems designed to work with the PZ lens instead of that one too. I believe if you attach the PZ lens, the switch next to the shutter button will control the zoom on the lens.

I suppose you could always sell the 14-42 for around $100 and use the cash to buy a PZ version.

You were right, I found a bit better deal actually (for me).
I wish they had the G5X kit at amazon too (14-42 PZ instead), or at least have the new 14-42 kit lens already :(

MadMan

Mu-43 Regular
I suppose you could always sell the 14-42 for around $100 and use the cash to buy a PZ version.
There are so many cheap gf3/gf5 deals right now, that I am toying with buying one of those with pz, swapping lenses betwen kits, then selling the GF with the no PZ kit zoom. But I'm not *totally* sure I want the PZ .. the other half of me wants to see what the G6 is, and how good the new kit zoom is, before going too far. I'm guessing new kit zoom iss better than the PZ, and not much bigger.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom