1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic G5 Color Settings with Adaptive lenses help

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jason Stamper, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Jason Stamper

Jason Stamper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2014
    Hi everyone. So I was wondering what color settings people are using with the Panasonic cameras and their adapted lenses, (for reference, I have a G5). Just so we are on the same page, I am referring to the Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Portrait, Scenery, and Custom modes. I have really only used the standard and monochrome modes so far, but does anyone find the others to be better with old glass? What about the adjustments underneath. I just realized that I had the contrast on the standard mode bumped down -2 for some reason :confused:, which would explain why the Zuiko 135 in particular was appearing washed out (the Canon 28 did a bit too).

Anyway, I was thinking that bumping up the contrast and saturation might help some of my old glass, but I don't know what to do about the sharpening and noise reduction.

I would love to know what settings others are using to get the most out of their Panasonics and old glass. Thank you in advance!

2. Box Brownie

Box Brownie Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 8, 2014
    Essex, England
    My wife recently bought a G5 to mainly use with our Canon FD lenses and we are still trying to find our way around the mindless complexity........

.....Am I not right in thinking that making RAW files eliminates the colour modes anyway...?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason Stamper

Jason Stamper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2014
    Box, You may be right about the RAW. Honestly I mostly shoot JPEG, but I did do a shoot at an old mill a few weeks back with RAW. I will look back and see what the difference is between JPEG and RAW. Thanks for the reply!

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    The color modes are for JPEG only. G5 JPEGs have excessive noise reduction, I would bring NR all the way down and bump sharpness up.

• Like Like x 1