Panasonic G5 + 14-42 Kit (Used/Open Box) - $245-259

bruinhoo

Mu-43 Regular
Through Amazon Warehouse - Amazon's open box/returns outlet store. As of this morning, there were 20 in stock, mostly for units in "Very Good" condition for $252.98, with a few in either "Good" condition for $244.82 and "Like New" for $258.42. Prices do tend to fluctuate there from day to day - as recently as Thursday these G5 kits were starting at $325.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg
I just got one, thanks for posting. I've been trying to figure if I should get back into Micro 4/3, this made it real easy. There's one left in VG condition as I write this.

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Thanks for posting this. I've been considering the G6 as I really like the idea of the updated capacitive touch screen, focus peaking and manual video control, but at this price I'll see if I can get by with the G5.

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg
I used a G3 for a while and I started to miss it, except then I remembered the things that irritated me. Like the lack of a grip and eye sensor, and maybe 1 or 2 more Fn buttons. I really wish it had the shooting mode selector like the G2 (Single / burst / backet / timer) but we'll see how the G5 does. I still cannot believe you can get a camera this good for so cheap.

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg
Ok mine came in today and I walked around with it for a half hour. I have to say, the camera looks like new. Except that the box had obviously been opened and re-packed everything is like it came from the factory.

After using a D7000 for the last year two things occur to me right away. #1 this thing is tiny and #2, it feels kind of cheap. That's OK though because it was cheap. Anyhow for anybody thinking about a G5 I can see no reason not to buy this one if you're on the fence, everything is A-OK.

By the way, it's a noticeable improvement over the G3 by a good margin. ISO 3200 totally usable, are you kidding me? This is an outstanding little camera.

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Ok mine came in today and I walked around with it for a half hour. I have to say, the camera looks like new. Except that the box had obviously been opened and re-packed everything is like it came from the factory.

After using a D7000 for the last year two things occur to me right away. #1 this thing is tiny and #2, it feels kind of cheap. That's OK though because it was cheap. Anyhow for anybody thinking about a G5 I can see no reason not to buy this one if you're on the fence, everything is A-OK.

By the way, it's a noticeable improvement over the G3 by a good margin. ISO 3200 totally usable, are you kidding me? This is an outstanding little camera.

Really? I received mine yesterday and don't think it feels all that cheap. Its certainly light and not nearly as robust as say my Fujifilm X100S, but it seems fairly well made to me. After taking a few test shots I agree that I'd be comfortable shooting at ISO3200, which coming from an E-PL1 is a revelation with m43 for me. I expect to be quite pleased with the G5 once I get used to the Panasonic menu systems. I already love how it balances and works with my legacy glass in comparison to the E-PL1 and despite being resistive rather than capacitive I find the touchscreen more responsive than I expected. The EVF also surprised me - the magnification seems larger than what I remember from my time with a VF-2 and the image through it seems quite good (I'd heard that the field sequential design and Panasonic EVF's in general were subpar to Olympus's offerings). Seeing as I had some Amazon rewards points to use and therefore the camera cost me nothing I'm ecstatic, but its still a steal at the $260 or so they are going for now. Mine arrived in the retail packaging (obviously repacked) and looks fairly flawless as well.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I guess I got a mixed bag. I ordered a like new one that was packed in a generic amazon box with various items in ziploc bags. The camera was close to flawless, probably a 9/10, a few signs of use. It had a aftermarket screen protector on it. The lens itself looked quite a bit worse, a few scratches, the front element was filthy. This is my second G5, sold the last one, but somehow missed it. I love the electronic shutter and the grip is good. S-AF performance is amazingly fast with the 25/1.4. I also love both screens. Still wondering if I'm going to keep it or send it back.

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg
Really? I received mine yesterday and don't think it feels all that cheap. Its certainly light and not nearly as robust as say my Fujifilm X100S, but it seems fairly well made to me.

I don't mean cheap in a bad way, but it's definitely not built like a D7000 or one of the E-Pens. I would say it's roughly equivalent of the midrange DSLRs against which it competes - Nikon D5x000 / Canon Rebels. I've never handled the GH or OMD's but I have to imagine they're a bit more solid.

tquest

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Tony
These kits were reduced even further today to $162 for "Very Good" and $166 for "Like New" in the Amazon Warehouse!

I have been saving up for a GX7 but could not pass this deal up and just got a Like New model. Crossing my fingers that it will be satisfactory. Used the Affiliates link to go to Amazon. Hope it is in good shape. Guess I will now wait for the GX8 or a smoking hot deal on the GX7.

bruinhoo

Mu-43 Regular
Amazon is really just getting crazy with this. When I posted the original deal, I was considering using part of my existing amazon credit to upgrade the G3 that I just recently bought (though the forum here) at that $259 price. I had pretty much decided to keep the G3 and save ~$80 in not making the swap. And then I saw that price drop in my wish list a couple hours ago. Yeah, I had to break down and buy one.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow, smoking deal. I emailed them and they adjusted my price from a week or so ago. Got a $100 credit!

tquest

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Tony
Wow, smoking deal. I emailed them and they adjusted my price from a week or so ago. Got a $100 credit!

yakky - I knew that Amazon makes price adjustments on TV purchases but was not aware that they would do so for other purchases. Care to share the e-mail address you used to get the price adjustment?

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg
Just go to the Contact Us section of the site and drill down through the multiple-choice options for why you're contacting. Reference your order number, it will give you that option as well. I'm not sure which is the more amazing thing, the low price of this camera of Amazon's awesome customer service. $166, you must be joking.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just go to the Contact Us section of the site and drill down through the multiple-choice options for why you're contacting. Reference your order number, it will give you that option as well. I'm not sure which is the more amazing thing, the low price of this camera of Amazon's awesome customer service. $166, you must be joking.

Yep, that's what I did. I mentioned that I was happy to return and repurchase at the lower price if that worked better for them.

tquest

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Tony
I received my G5 yesterday and took some time inspecting it today.

I purchased the "Like New" version and was a bit disappointed in the box and the packaging - the box was dinged, bent and scraped. The G5 was packaged with no protective bags. The camera was dirty and dusty and i could see fingerprints smudges on the LCD screen and elsewhere on the camera. The camera strap was still attached and has seen obvious use. I don't agree that it is in "Like New" condition - it deserves a "Very Good" rating based upon Amazon's definitions.

I checked the usage menu:

Power = 231
Shutter = 1570
Flash = 136

I definitely do not consider 1500+ shutter count to be "Like New".

But I did get a bonus out of this - the previous owner left a Tiffen 52mm UV Protector on the lens. There was a plastic case for an SD card that was also left in the box by the previous owner.

With that having been said, the G5 is a welcome step up for me from my LX7.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I received my G5 yesterday and took some time inspecting it today.

I purchased the "Like New" version and was a bit disappointed in the box and the packaging - the box was dinged, bent and scraped. The G5 was packaged with no protective bags. The camera was dirty and dusty and i could see fingerprints smudges on the LCD screen and elsewhere on the camera. The camera strap was still attached and has seen obvious use. I don't agree that it is in "Like New" condition - it deserves a "Very Good" rating based upon Amazon's definitions.

I checked the usage menu:

Power = 231
Shutter = 1570
Flash = 136

I definitely do not consider 1500+ shutter count to be "Like New".

But I did get a bonus out of this - the previous owner left a Tiffen 52mm UV Protector on the lens. There was a plastic case for an SD card that was also left in the box by the previous owner.

With that having been said, the G5 is a welcome step up for me from my LX7.

Contact amazon. They will take care of you.

I got my second one and it is brand new. My first was not even in the original package but it still looked new.

bruinhoo

Mu-43 Regular
They are back in stock - in "like new" condition for $227. 11 remaining at that condition/price as of a few moments ago.

Latest threads

Top Bottom