Panasonic g3 leaked images!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Adubo, May 11, 2011.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Just saw this in the 43rumors.com page!

The camera will be announced tom

Im a little disappointed with how it looks though, beefed up gf2 (with the slick grip)

I wanted it to be like the lc1 ;)

Cheers!

Andrew

Sent from my iOS using Mu-43 App

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Hmm, in that case I'm quite surprised how this fake picture was in fact quite close to the real thing...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Nice catch. I too am afraid of the 'smear your LCD mandatory' interface.

Cheers,

4. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

4/3 Rumors is incorrect - again!

I had the opportunity to attend the press conference. What I can tell you for certain is that the photo and description that 4/3 Rumors has is not the real thing. The body is not like a "beef'd up GF2 and the $$ is not correct. Much more similar to a G2. More to follow as soon as get back home. It's a shame how much misinformation that site creates.

5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Well thats good news! Is it more expensive? If i remember it right 43rumors quoted a 649usd launching price.

I think a m43 lc1/l1 is imminent ;)

Sent from my iOS using Mu-43 App

6. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

According to 43rumors, the BHphoto is already showing those renders as well. They are all wrong too? The lack of manual controls really disappoints me :frown:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kade.Sirin

Kade.Sirin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Las Vegas
    It seems like the change from GF1 to GF2..

8. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    That's what make life more exciting.. no ? :biggrin:

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    But I believe 43rumors is actually right, making a claim of having just been at a press release wrong. At least from what I can tell.

I think it's bad form for one website to call out another as wrong.

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I wasn't accusing 43Rumors of lying. I was questioning the photo someone sent them as a likely hoax.

11. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    We're you doing much drinking at that press release? :rolleyes: I think it's a shame how much misinformation people create when they want to show off how smart they are. I also think it's bad form to start smearing a reputable website that tries hard to support the m4/3 community before you've done your fact checking Wasabi Bob, but that's just me.

12. dmc

dmc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    Beijing
    Well you were wrong. Man up.

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I published wrong info and have said that quite a few times now, including in an update on the bottom of the original post.

14. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Having seen, handled and used the camera I'd say what I saw was more accurate than speculations. And no, I don't drink! My comments have nothing to do with bragging rights - this is purely about sharing the latest info as soon as it's available with members of this site. The press event was aimed at the Lifestyle Media, so very few from the photo media market attended. It is quite clear that Panasonic is looking to broaden their market beyond the die hard photographers. If you look to their point and shoot models they definitely added features aimed at the female market.

The G3 is a slimmed down G2, with more rounded corners. It's not a beef'd up GF camera. While no price was announced I was able to confirm that it won't be $649 as rumored. G3 will ship with the 14-42.

The mode dial selects between "P", "A" "S" and "M" in addition to C1, C2 and your Scene modes. From there it off to a touch menu that has added some new features. There's also an iA+ mode where several parameters such as peripheral defocus and white balance can be easily adjusted with a touch slider. For anyone who likes the GF2's touch menus, they'll really like the G3's!

Both Burst and Auto Bracket modes seemed much faster, although the sample I used wasn't using the final firmware.

Initially, what I missed was the auto switching between the LCD and the EVF that the GH2 offers. I'm very sorry if my initial post was misunderstood but the truth is that the "info" 4/3 Rumors posted was not correct. This has nothing to do with bashing another site - it is, what it is!

15. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I prefer this to what was actually released. The shutter button looks like it is in a better spot.

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Bob, you should just admit you were wrong. Here's what you said (emphasis added):

The photo was absolutely the real thing, and your information was incorrect, not misunderstood.

17. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I hate this race to be first to post when it comes to new gear. I'd much rather KNOW what I read was accurate. I check dpreview almost every day to see what's coming, not because it is first, but because for the most part it is accurate. Mistakes happen, that's fine, and some seriously good fakes pop up, but can't we be above the fray? All of the posts and frustration of the past couple of days about some glorious G3 could have been put off until today and been real. That makes for a better site, IMHO. Does knowing where some AF/AE-L button might have been relocated to a day earlier than someone else really matter?

18. That was a good fake but, Deja vu?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I like rumors, I like 43Rumors as well as other rumor sites, and I also enjoy publishing rumors.

1. If I find info which I think is likely reliable that other rumor sites don't have, I'll publish it.
    2. If I find info which I think is likely reliable and validates info from other rumor sites, I'll publish it.
    3. If I find info which I think is likely reliable and contradict their info, I'll publish that too.
    My reliability threshold for publishing info of the 3rd type (contradicting another rumor site's info) is relatively higher than it is for the other two types. In this case, I thought our info was reliable and of interest. Sometimes we'll be wrong, just like any other site that publishes rumors. This was one of those times.

20. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I'm good with that, you DO label these as rumors, and even GRADE the veracity. I wasn't picking you out for fault, just frustrated with the bickering over a rumor when it was labelled as such.

• Like Like x 1