Panasonic G3 and GF3 In Stock at B&H Photo

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    B&H has the black, red, and brown Panasonic GF3 kits in stock.

Update: Black G3 is also in stock!
    768739. 768477.
    Direct links:

They also have the E-P3 and 12mm f/2 lens in stock:

The above links contain our affiliate code. Your price is unaffected, and a referral fee (2-4% of your purchase) is paid to us by the retailer. Please note: For us to get credit for the referral, you must click our link prior to placing any items in your "shopping cart".

DigitalRev did a nice review of the GF3:

<iframe src="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>​
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Now that I own the 14mm -- a tiny lens -- I can really appreciate how small that GF3 is!
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Boy, to say I have no need or even real want for this camera would be a huge understatement. I doubt I'd like the lack of buttons and their choices of video and IA for the buttons they do include. I now have an EP3 and may try an EPL3, either of which suit me much better. So I'm not in the market is what I'm trying to say here. But I gotta admit I like the LOOK of these little guys, particularly in brown. Almost like an old VW bug kind of a look to it. Sort of cute. Which is not what I buy cameras for, but it does inspire some small degree of temporary lust...

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Ray, I feel the same way. I didn't think I'd like the look of it, but I do. If I had kept the GH2, I might have gotten one of these to complement it.
  5. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Curious to see how the PEN Mini compares to the GF3...

Good segment by DigitalRev. I actually think it may be the best P&S modern looking out there .. I'd get it over the ZX-1, LX5 and S90 (with the 14mm 2.5).

I don't see that as being a direct competitor the EPs etc. It's geared towards a person who wants full auto, filters for fun and a shutter. For what it is, seems nicely put together except they should haven't dropped the stereo audio and relocated that mic since most P&S people will record video relatively often.
  6. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm also curious to see how the GF3 compares to the E-PM1. These cameras look like good second camera bodies for when you want to go really light but don't want to skimp on the sensor...

However, is it just me or the $700 price of the GF3 seem kinda, you know... pricey?? Especially given the assumed target market: people wanting to upgrade from their P&S cameras.
  7. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Boy, I really hope that this means Amazon will get their black G3's soon. If it weren't for the $60 discount that I pre-ordered at and the free shipping from Amazon, I'd cancel my order and buy from B&H. As it is, my skin has a slight green tint and my clothes are getting tight. Amazon, don't make me angry; you wouldn't like me when I'm angry ...
  8. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    same here

... i placed my preorder with Adorama.... what should i do?!
  9. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Take photos with your current camera?
    Stop going to the Adorama site?

I kid - I'm the same way LOL!

my iPhone sent this
  10. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    I noticed that too but the GF-3 and G3 are the same price!!!

It doesnt make sense to give up on all of the G3 features for the same price.
  11. carpandean

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    The G3 is small, but the GF3 is really, really, really small.
  12. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    totally should have bought it and screwed the panny direct order... blast.
  13. carpandean

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I didn't notice when you posted this, but it should also be noted that the GF3 comes with the 14mm for $699, while the G3 comes with the 14-42mm for that price. Even list, the 14mm is at least $150 more.