1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

panasonic G2 stuck in permanent service mode !

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by neston, Nov 9, 2014.

1. neston

neston New to Mu-43

Nov 9, 2014
    Hello, I've a Panasonic G2 camera and recently I've been told that it is in 'permanent service mode ' , I found that when the camera is turned off it displays a triangle with a explanation mark in it. I also found the 'rom set up ' option in the set up menu, which I have been told is another sign !
    The camera has been working spot on and there doesn't appear to be any trouble with it , as the above items have been since I bought the camera quite a while ago.
    Any help would be gratefully received.
    Regards Neale.

2. neston

neston New to Mu-43

Nov 9, 2014
    Hello,
    I have found the way to get out of permanent service mode,
    Turn the drive mode lever to Single, then press Display and AF/AE Lock buttons at the same time and turn the power on and release the buttons.
    The press Playback button and playback the picture,then press AE/AF Lock and Up of cursor buttons at the same time and turn the power off and let go of the buttons.
    The turn the mode dial to P and turn the Power On.Then press Menu/set and Right of the cursor buttons at the same time and turn the power off and release the buttons.
    The Initial settings page is the displayed, in my case being U.K. I choose EB by using the cursor buttons,then pressed right and O.K ,the power is then automatically turned Off.
    Turn On the power and set the clock shown, that's all done.
    I have been warned there is a good chance of making a mistake, so take great care,Please !

Regards from Neale.

• Like Like x 1