DMC-G2_5_S.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,126
  • DMC-G10_5_S.JPG
    DMC-G10_5_S.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,133

Herman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks Bill for the link.
Wonder about the key differences between the G10 and the E-PL1.
I assume that the G10 will be priced under 600.

Have a nice day.
Kind regards, Herman

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
OMG, this camera must be huge :rofl:

Is that a widescreen tv attached? or a lilliputian hand? :smile:

Attachments

• G2scale.jpg
    G2scale.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 301

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
When they get the size up to the size of the D300 ...... then it will be a "proper" camera

But the G2 looks good - I'll be buying one!

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I was going to sell my Pana 14-45mm lens, but now that it seems to have been replaced, I think I may hold onto it. It's got the whole "classic, metal mount Mk I" thing going on, like the first version of the Canon EF 50/1.8 :smile:.

wilson.c

Mu-43 Regular
The news still did not say if Panasonic are using their new sensors in the new cameras.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
When they get the size up to the size of the D300 ...... then it will be a "proper" camera

But the G2 looks good - I'll be buying one!

heh, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of m43's though?

What does this mean for the GH1? Is panasonic expanding their lineup to Gx/Gxx/GHx and the GFx?

With the G2, GH1 is left with 2 benefits, the sensor allows for 12MP at any aspect ratio, and it's lighter =) Will panasonic just let the GH1 suffer until a GH2 arrives or will it still be a seller to grab the 14-140?

melv

Mu-43 Regular
That'll do me! Specs look good! Even the touch screen seems to have initial favourable reviews. I agree with Amin however about the new lens, the previous one seems to be better made, i.e metal mount.

Anyone wanna buy a D200 with 16/85 mm VR lens?

Melv

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Interesting comparison of the old and new kit lens, from DPR's G2 preview:

Attachments

• Lenses-001.jpg
    Lenses-001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 268

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Given the lack of any statement to the contrary, it seems that these two cameras are using the same sensor from the G1/GF1/E-P1/E-P2/E-PL1.

The G2 looks like a good move to me. Basically a G1 plus video and some potentially useful touchscreen technology. The G1 didn't need much, IMO, so the G2 should be a winner.

The G10 may also be a winner. Cut costs (and a little weight) by dropping the articulated LCD and the EVF spec. Not everyone cares about an articulated LCD, and the lower spec EVF will be plenty nice for most if the price is right.

Has anyone seen prices for these yet? The G10 kit will have to be priced under $700, and it would be a strong move from Panasonic if they could price it under $600 like the E-PL1.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
heh, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of m43's though?

What does this mean for the GH1? Is panasonic expanding their lineup to Gx/Gxx/GHx and the GFx?

With the G2, GH1 is left with 2 benefits, the sensor allows for 12MP at any aspect ratio, and it's lighter =) Will panasonic just let the GH1 suffer until a GH2 arrives or will it still be a seller to grab the 14-140?

I think we'll see a GH2 with a sensor upgrade later this year and that they will continue with the four lines.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Touchscreen demo:

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UhP6oPU_iYc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="505" width="853">

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I wonder if the new lens will have OIS on or off when used on Oly bodies and whether this will be user controllable. I like having the OIS switch on the lens.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I like the touch screen interface - hopefully this will take off.

Cheers

Brian

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
Has anyone seen prices for these yet? The G10 kit will have to be priced under $700, and it would be a strong move from Panasonic if they could price it under $600 like the E-PL1.

I think they will need to price around that to get market differentiation. T1i/D5000 are in the $700 kit range. They need to undercut that IMO. Even if they have the better C-AF (I think, never have used those canikon's), they can't price the entry above that. A $600 kit would be killer. Everything is making me sorta second guess the GF1, heh. Though, every time I pick it up w/ the 20, I am happy again, haha.

I wonder if the new lens will have OIS on or off when used on Oly bodies and whether this will be user controllable. I like having the OIS switch on the lens.

Me too, I like being able to change that quickly... even though 95% of the time I will have it on. But I can see them wanting to complicate things even less for beginners while saving money. Though, losing the metal mount sucks. But as long as it's a quality plastic composite of some sort, I'll welcome the weight/cost savings. And keep my 14-45 to my chest =)

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm thinking Panasonic does not care if their 14-42 lens stabilization works on a Olympus camera. Since it will be controlled in camera, Olympus cameras will either be unable to turn it on or unable to turn it off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom