Panasonic G1/2/3 Query

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by chrism_scotland, Feb 11, 2012.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Hi folks just wondering if anyone with one of the G series can help me, I've been considering adding a second body to use alongside my EP2 and while I'd love the new EM5 I haven't got £1000!
    So I've been considering the G3 or a used G2 (as these seem very cheap now!) but I was wondering if there is a dedicated button on the G2/G3 for increased magnification to aid with manual focus, and also what is the exposure bracketing range like as I find the Olympus a little frustrating as it will only allow 3 shots in when I use bracketing.
  2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    When a non-m4/3 lens is on the camera pushing in on the thumbwheel activates the magnification. A second click cancels it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    A light tap on the shutter also cancels it.On the G3,after you push in the thumbwheel and have magnification, you can cycle through three different magnifications by rotating the wheel.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    for a G2: the magnification increases when the thumbwheel is turned. and a half shutter
    button press or press the thumbwheel will cancel the magnification.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sevenil

sevenil Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2011
    ........and for the bracketing on the G3 - multiple choices, using 3, 5 or 7 shots
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lstzephyr

lstzephyr Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2011
    The g1 will magnify with one click, and cancel magnification with a push on the shutter. I use this feature often.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Thanks guys thats what I needed to know! I'll keep an eye out for a cheap G2 I reckon or maybe a G3 when folk start upgrading, glass first though!