• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Panasonic G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 O.I.S. zoom lens. Ships: US

Buy/Sell feedback for MiguelATF (11)

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
User name: MiguelATF

Items to sell/buy/trade: Panasonic G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 O.I.S. zoom lens

Prices: $200 USD

Ships to: US

Description: This 45-175mm zoom lens is in excellent condition. In addition to the manual zoom, it has a power zoom, which helps for video, but I have used it only in stills photography and it is a superb lens, whose optics rival those of primes and of both Panasonic's and Olympus's more pricey 'Pro' lens lines.

The lens comes with front and rear lens caps and a lens hood. (The front cap was an after-market replacement, as the original was lost.) I'm the 2nd owner of the lens, and it has been treated well throughout its entire life.

The lens is relatively small and lightweight - and features internal zooming - so it doesn't balloon out to crazy lengths - so it pairs nicely with smaller mu43 bodies as well as larger ones. It's an easy lens to bring along in a pocket or in the bag on hikes. The 45-175mm tends to be pricier than the more economical 40-150mm offerings from both Panasonic and Olympus, but in my (admittedly prejudiced) opinion, it's head and shoulders above them.

Also, as it features Panasonic's internal stabilization (O.I.S.) - theoretically, when used with a Panasonic or Lumix camera body which also possesses internal stabilization, one should get a double-effect - which basically should translate into being able to hand-hold the lens at slower shutter speeds, with some bodies.

Also, interestingly, the lens was Made in Japan, a good sign.

Lens firmware has been updated to the most recent firmware v 1.3, which activates the Dual I.S. technology.

My asking price is less than I bought it for, a year ago, from a fellow member - in the hopes of making it affordable for all those who, like myself, have bigger eyes than wallets or pocketbooks.

(NOTE: the camera which appears in some of the photos IS NOT FOR SALE, but just to give an idea of the relative sizes of lens-to-camera-body)

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: USPS Priority Mail in the U.S., and Air Post to Canada.

Shipping charge: $12.50 for U.S. shipping, $15 to Canada.

Handling time: As soon as humanly possible.

References: fleaBay: miguelatf

Additional comments: Not open to trade offers, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Attachments

• 45-175mm#1.jpg
    45-175mm#1.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 45-175mm#2.jpg
    45-175mm#2.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 45-175mm#3.jpg
    45-175mm#3.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 37
  • 45-175mm#4.jpg
    45-175mm#4.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 45-175mm#5.jpg
    45-175mm#5.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 45-175mm#6.jpg
    45-175mm#6.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 45-175mm#7.jpg
    45-175mm#7.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 45-175mm#8.jpg
    45-175mm#8.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
.....Also, as it features Panasonic's internal stabilization (O.I.S.) - theoretically, when used with a Panasonic or Lumix camera body which also possesses internal stabilization, one should get a double-effect - which basically should translate into being able to hand-hold the lens at slower shutter speeds, with some bodies.....
Lens firmware 1.3 released Apr 24, 2017 adds Dual I.S. support. There was a question if Panasonic was going to update this lens for Dual I.S. when they updated both the 45-200 and 100-300 to Power O.I.S. from the version I of each with Mega O.I.S. Thankfully Panasonic did, but it went a little under the radar and many might know or of the firmware version required.

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Lens firmware 1.3 released Apr 24, 2017 adds Dual I.S. support. There was a question if Panasonic was going to update this lens for Dual I.S. when they updated both the 45-200 and 100-300 to Power O.I.S. from the version I of each with Mega O.I.S. Thankfully Panasonic did, but it went a little under the radar and many might know or of the firmware version required.

Thanks for the info about the firmware, David! I just double-checked and, YES, this lens's firmware has been updated to the latest version, v 1.3

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
This is a stellar lens for the price. Very much recommended from my end - mine lives on my GX8 and is equally adept at landscapes as it is for portraits and macro (with the help of an achromat such as a Raynox). Like Miguel, I think this lens is much better than the 14-140 at the long end.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom