PaNasonic FZ1000 4k video

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bigbob, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    I am using the Fz1000 for 4k video using JPEG stills from one frame. Great results. What I am looking for is best setting to use for 4k video. I shot a wedding with 4k gave couple a dvd 1080 from the 4 k great and 50 JPEGs. I am thinking for switching to all video and looking for best settings. Thanks in advance. bigbob

2. MedicineMan4040

MedicineMan4040 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 2, 2015
    East TN
    Robert
    I've done 4K Photo (burst, pre-burst on the GX8) on the GX8 abnd the GH4. It truly is revolutionary for photography, for imagery. Attache is a pic I did using 4K Photo capture via the GH4.
    Now for settings it's all light dependent. I'm mostly using 4K Photo where I go to shutter priority and determine shutter speed based on the anticipated speed of what it is that I want to capture.
    In a wedding setting you are not nec. trying to catch the exact moment a momma bird puts the worm in the baby birds mouth...I know nothing of wedding photography but wouldn't 'auto' in plain 4K video mode
    work? of course depending on light. I would capture everything, make a great video for presentatino ---where 4K Photo would not make a geat video--- and if you want you could still extract 8mp images=remember
    the days where $6000 camera bodies bragged on having 8mp !!!
    Not that you are interested, but I have an FZ listed for sell at FredMiranda.com Why? I added the GX8 and am covered for 4k :)

3. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I thought I read that the FZ1000 switches to auto mode when doing 4K video. That would take away creative control if true.

4. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    thank you bigbob

5. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    thank you for info. bigbob