1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

PaNasonic FZ1000 4k video

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bigbob, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    I am using the Fz1000 for 4k video using JPEG stills from one frame. Great results. What I am looking for is best setting to use for 4k video. I shot a wedding with 4k gave couple a dvd 1080 from the 4 k great and 50 JPEGs. I am thinking for switching to all video and looking for best settings. Thanks in advance. bigbob

2. MedicineMan4040

MedicineMan4040 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2015
    East TN
    Robert
    I've done 4K Photo (burst, pre-burst on the GX8) on the GX8 abnd the GH4. It truly is revolutionary for photography, for imagery. Attache is a pic I did using 4K Photo capture via the GH4.
    Now for settings it's all light dependent. I'm mostly using 4K Photo where I go to shutter priority and determine shutter speed based on the anticipated speed of what it is that I want to capture.
    In a wedding setting you are not nec. trying to catch the exact moment a momma bird puts the worm in the baby birds mouth...I know nothing of wedding photography but wouldn't 'auto' in plain 4K video mode
    work? of course depending on light. I would capture everything, make a great video for presentatino ---where 4K Photo would not make a geat video--- and if you want you could still extract 8mp images=remember
    the days where $6000 camera bodies bragged on having 8mp !!!
    Not that you are interested, but I have an FZ listed for sell at FredMiranda.com Why? I added the GX8 and am covered for 4k :)

3. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I thought I read that the FZ1000 switches to auto mode when doing 4K video. That would take away creative control if true.

4. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    thank you bigbob

5. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    thank you for info. bigbob