1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic "fast" zooms

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by soundimageplus, Nov 23, 2011.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    There seems to be a bit of 'lost-in-translation' regarding the price... A Norwegian speaker seemed to think that the Panasonic dude was implying that the new lenses would be cheaper than the fast CaNikon zooms, and priced in line with the current top-end Lumix lenses.

3. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Sounds right. They must have some idea of who might buy these lenses at what prices, and pricing them in a similar fashion to Canon / Nikon equivalents would surely miss the point.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If they are faster than f/2.8, I will pay. What other camera system has anything equivalent (Oly 4/3's) ... and what do they cost? (alot) ... and how big are they? (huge)

IMHO, everyone gets skeered over the size. Just because all the legacy fast zooms are big/heavy doesn't necessarily mean these, using modern design and lens elements (and software correction), have to be. Yes, they have to be bigger than the slow versions, but if the engineers even remotely do their job, they don't have to be that big.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Carp, this is bad news! I don't have money to invest in new high-powered zooms, but it looks like I just might have to!

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Anything new on these?

Anyone going to CES? Apparently they will be on display there, but will be announce in February

7. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    1300.....and EURO??? I better buy the new Fuji + 35mm /18mm lens :rofl:

8. zuzullo

zuzullo Mu-43 Regular

If they are faster than f/2.8, I will pay! :)

9. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    If they are faster than f2.8 I'm sure that my back and shoulder will pay! :biggrin:

10. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

for those Believers among Us.....

Happy New Year all! These new lenses will reportedly be marketed by Panasonic's new Chiropractic and Orthopedic Division.

Best regards,
    Tom

11. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I too am anxiously awaiting further info., especially on the 12-35. Max. aperture and size are the most important ones.

Hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

DH