Panasonic DMW-FL360L = Olympus FL-600R ??

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by webarchitect, Nov 22, 2014.

1. webarchitect

webarchitect Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    So it appears that no one buys the GH4 to shoot stills... In fact, I'm moving from an OM-D E-M5 to the GH4 to shoot 4K video. Just a fact of what I need at the moment. But, I'm a stills guy most of the time, and need an off camera wireless remote flash when I travel. The FL-600R has been fantastic, and the OLY interface to control is is a breeze.

Yet I can find nothing on Panasonic options, short of the Panasonic DMW-FL360L Wireless External Flash manual and a YouTube unboxing. The stats are identical to the OLY FL-600R. The controls are identical. Are they the same unit?

I don't want mount the OLY flash on the Panasonic GH4 out of fear of frying electronics.

Is there anyone who can shed some light on this?

Thanks!

2. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    It is essentially the same flash, and even if it wasn't, you have nothing to worry about. They are all supposed to be compatible.

3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I use the panny on my Olympus. They are identical. Fear not.

4. webarchitect

Sep 15, 2010
    Sure enough!

I've not found where (if?) Panasonic has the same ability to control remote flash settings from the camera, but it certainly does work effectively. I'd really like to have the same level of control at the camera that the Olympus had, but trade offs is the name of the game.

5. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    It does have the same capabilities, Pages 187 and 188 of the GH4 manual.

6. webarchitect

Sep 15, 2010
    Clint, I have both a printed manual and the "Basic" manual downloaded. Neither have that many pages. Can you provide a link?

Thanks!

7. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    There will almost certainly be an "Operating Manual for Advanced Features" - there is with the GX7. It came on the CD supplied with the camera, but may also be able to be downloaded from the Panasonic web site. The "Basic" manual is just that, basic!

8. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
  9. webarchitect

Sep 15, 2010
    Found it. Thanks to all