Panasonic DMC-GX1 GX1 Lumix 14-42mm Zoom Lens Kit: $332 - Amazon / JR.com

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ajamils, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
  2. michael1284

michael1284 New to Mu-43

Feb 4, 2013
    shows sold out now. got 1 before it sold out, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.

3. michael1284

michael1284 New to Mu-43

Feb 4, 2013
    UPDATE: My order got cancelled. I even called in to J&R yesterday to make sure it wouldn't get cancelled since I was returning my other one to Amazon (didn't want to be stuck cameraless). Called them today and they pretty much said sorry, it's discontinued and we aren't getting anymore in because Panasonic is backed up. They wouldn't do a thing with me. As a first time J&R user, not liking it a bit.

They offered me the silver kit for $420 and wouldn't budge or match.

4. darcius1

darcius1 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Sandwich Isles
    I'm skeptical about these offers any more . I tried to hop on another recent gx1 deal and ran into a cannot bill this card (master card), cannot ship to this address ... Something at each turn.

Bait and switch.

5. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Is it just me or does any one else think this is a new scheme invented by shops/sites to collect email addresses and then bomb your mailbox with an email everyday? I realized this during the HP tablet madness.

6. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
    I have ordered many items from J&R and never had any issue. Instead I have great experience with their customer service when I had an issue with one of my orders.

I think that the issue is that companies are over doing these "fire sales" and end up selling more items that they can get from Panasonic and that is why they are facing issues. I read similar issues from people who bought GX1 from Buy.com when it was selling for $229 last week. They sold hundreds of them within few hours.

7. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    I ordered a GX1 body from J&R for $199, and it was cancelled as well. They gave me the same reason, "Panasonic discontinued it". I almost yelled into the phone... "it said IN STOCK when I placed the order!!!" :mad: