1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic DMC-GF2 body for $99 at Adorama

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by budeny, Jul 30, 2014.

1. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    • Like Like x 2
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm holding out until they are free.

• Like Like x 5
  3. John M Flores

John M Flores Super Moderator

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I'm tempted because I'm looking for a home for my Panny 14/20 and Oly 45. But I had one before and as much as I liked it, the shutter could wake the dead...

• Like Like x 1
  4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I really want one, but I keep telling myself, there is no reason in the world to buy an older 12MP body when the clear upgrade path from my GX1 is a GX7 or G6...

Plus I have a GF3. So, NO reason to own a GF2.

... even though I want one ;) 

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    They appear to empty.

6. John M Flores

John M Flores Super Moderator

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Good, I held my breath long enough...

• Like Like x 1
  7. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    The current trend is come out with new models every year with a few incremental improvements. So there is a deal like this pretty much every 6 months. For example, I got in on the Oly Spring blow out of the E-PM2 and, after I sold off the 14-42 and 40-150 lenses that came with it, my net price for the E-PM2 was around $99.

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    I like the GF2. It makes a good wife camera with the 14mm attached. Just slap it in iAuto and it's good to go!

9. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I keep thinking about buying a GF1. I'm pretty sure I remember it being better than it actually was (compared to newer bodies). But I have no such temptation for other GFs. Not bad cameras, just lack the nostalgia factor of the GF1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.