1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Custom Button

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by finerflower, Aug 13, 2014.

1. finerflower

finerflower Amin Fangrrl

Dec 11, 2013
    New Jersey (South)
    Holly
    Curious, what do you have your C1, C2-1, C2-2 and C2-3 buttons set to? I'm just curious about best practices. I mostly shoot jpeg because I'm not a pro and I shoot mainly for fun. I don't need huge raw files of my dog so my C1 is set to jpeg only, However, when I am out and see something interesting I can quickly get to C2-1,2,3 to set my cam to RAW.

This is what I use the C buttons for and the main settings that change- (All have center weighted AE and AWB)

C1- [mainly for jpeg]: jpeg-fine, A-priority f/4, quiet mode, e shutter, natural scene mode, intelligent ISO

C2-1 [mainly for raw]; raw & jpeg-fine, A-priority f/4, standard scene mode, normal shutter, auto ISO

C2-2 [mainly for fast shutter]; raw & jpeg-fine, S-priority 1/500, standard scene mode, normal shutter, auto ISO

C2-3 [mainly for quick B&W jpegs with RAW backup]; raw & jpeg-fine, dynamic monochrome filter

What do you use the C settings for?

2. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

I use mine for work, switching mode immediately is essentially for any surprise situation and very reason way I upgrade from EM5 to GH4

C1 still portraits
    C2 group photo settings with flash EV compensation
    C3-1 action shots, running kids / pets
    C3-2 4k Video, just in case i need to print from prolong actions
    C3-3 haven't decide yet

• Like Like x 1
  3. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    I normally have touch screen off for PASM shooting, because the focus point moves around unintentionally by touch and catches me unawares, so I use C1 as an instant touch-on dial so I can use neat tricks like touch-to-shoot, and touch-backscreen-to-move-focus-point-while-using-EVF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    My GM1 spends 95% of the time on C1.

C1: Aperture priority, Auto-ISO, wide open, raw, fn1 set to AEL, and touch screen focus turned off (too easy to bump on accident)
    C2-1: Same as C1, but with touch screen focus on.
    C2-2: Low light mode. Similar to C1 but shutter priority so I can quickly choose my minimum shutter speed.
    C2-3: Best video mode. Manual video control, highest quality settings, other little video oriented settings.

• Like Like x 1