Panasonic - Corporate Perks

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by RVJ, Jul 17, 2016.

1. RVJ

RVJ Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    Saint Louis, MO
    There are some really good deals on the Panasonic cameras and lenses if you have access to through Corporate Perks or know someone who can get it for you.

Few examples:
    GX8 (body) - $899
    GX85 (w/ 12-32) - $520
    PL15 - $389

If you couple this with Discover Card 5% cash back, that's a lot of savings. I snagged a GX85, even though its on backorder.

• Like Like x 1
  2. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    When I ordered my GX85 on Thursday, the website said it was backordered but it still got shipped out the same day.

3. Semper_Sal

Semper_Sal New to Mu-43

Dec 21, 2012
    Ordered a GX85 two days ago. Received a phone call today notifying me of a pricing error on the camera. New price is 640.

4. sunnygps

sunnygps Mu-43 Regular

Dec 26, 2013
    Same here. It took them a while to realize that price was wrong... I have seen that the $519 price for 2 or 3 weeks now.

5. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    I received mine earlier this week. At that price, I didn't hesitate. :dance3:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  6. CyVan

CyVan Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2016
    Jamaica
    How do you get access?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

7. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    You can go to Corporate Perks' website and see if your employer is a participant. If so, sign up and see if Panasonic is one of the stores that you get benefit for. If everything goes through, you will see "Welcome to the Next Jump Store" at the top once you are on Panasonic's website.

Or you can sign up for an account on Panasonic's website with your work email. If your employer is an affiliate, you will see "Welcome to the EPP Store" at the top after you log in.

• Like Like x 2
  8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  9. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    Yes, that's the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Thanks for the explanation, I had assumed earlier that this was for Panasonic's employees only.

Turns out my employer does participate.

Barry

11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    How do you see if your employer is a participant with Corporate Perks? When I go to their page, it wants me to sign my company up. I can't see which companies participate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    @twokatmew@twokatmew ,
    If you put in your work email, it would tell you your company name if it were participating.

13. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thx. Got it! [emoji2]

14. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I entered my email address and they sent a message to my email account at work. Is this how they notify you that your company is participating, or did I miss what you were referring to? The message did not say yes or no; it just contained a link.

--Ken

15. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    That's what I did too. I already had accounts with Panasonic and HP, and I had to create new accounts with each vendor to see EPP prices.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I tried to do a quick search of these guys to find out more about them and I encountered a number of complaints from folks (more than I expected to find as it is always possible to find complaints on the web). Has anybody actually used them? Are they easy to work with if there is a problem?

--Ken

17. joma416

joma416 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2014
    Toronto, ON Canada
    John
    Are you referring to buying direct from Panasonic or buying through Work Perks? I haven't used Work Perks to buy from Panasonic but I did use them to buy from Apple. For me it went fine, but they did call me to verify a few details before processing the purchase. I only used them the one time, so I don't know if I was lucky or if the people who filed the complaints were unlucky.

18. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I guess being self employed I should just be able to ask myself if my company participates. Maybe I should send out a company wide email.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Please be more specific regarding "these guys". Do you mean Corporate Perks or Panasonic? Most of the corporate perk websites (there are several) simply take you to the manufactuers's website (in this case shopPanasonic.com) except you see better pricing. I have ordered several items from Panasonic (accessed via a perk website), including GX85, 15mm, hair trimmer, and portable flosser and never had a problem.

20. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I know that Panasonic's EPP is legit; I was referring to corporateperks.com that Willy and Barry referred to in their posts.

--Ken