Panasonic battery chargers

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
I know looks are not everything but looking at my G80 and G9 battery chargers side by side the G80 looks like a well made item, the one for my G9 looks like a cheap Chinese free with two batteries model.

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
I think the build seems pretty good... no play or creakiness. There's not much to it since it's DC to DC, whereas the G80 charger is AC to DC... requiring more components.

I'm pretty happy with the power options on the G9.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Probaly will be but it just looks cheap and plasticky compered with the G80 charger,cost saving i guess.
When I saw one in the shop I wondered if they thought no one would use it, and go for USB charging only. The one I saw also had the USB "C" [Edit, should read micro USB] plug in the charger so you could use the same USB camera charging lead. Those plugs do not look like they would hold up to much use.

I think if I was going to use the OEM one I would get a GH5 charger if possible.

Last edited:

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
as long as we are piling on - I don't like the way they did the LEDs!

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend

Does not look like the one I saw. It had the same lead plug [into the charger] as my G85 charger. Looked more heavy duty. Wonder if they are all the same for all countries.

Now the shop I saw it in had various chargers plugged in for their demo cameras. What was pointed out as a GH5 charger could have been supplied for a previous model I suppose. No idea if the charger stayed the same over different bodies that use the same battery.

I saw these when checking out how many different battery types would fit in some battery boxes I was thinking of buying for taking the batteries on aircraft. At the time I thinking of getting the G9 so looking at me possible upgrade camera paths when buying accessories. Put that idea aside for the time being.

Latest threads

Top Bottom