Panasonic Batteries

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Boatman, Jul 22, 2013.

1. I have a GH2 and have had very good luck with the original 1200mah battery, once getting over 600 shots on a single charge. I purchased a cheap knock off and it was terrible. Camera couldn't recognize it right and it was only good for about 100 shots initially and got worse with time.

Recently I purchased a new Panasonic 1200mah battery through Adorama, using a credit I had to bring the price down to a reasonable level. This battery seems to drain down much faster than the original battery that came with the camera, though it interfaces with the camera perfectly

Do these batteries need a 'break-in' period? Will I get better performance out of the new battery as it nears the two-plus year age of the original? Or are there just variances between the performance of these batteries?
  2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Like any product there are variances in quality and performance. If the new batteries are not in spec then you might use the warranty and replace. Your record of 600 shots with the original is significantly above spec.