Panasonic announcements May 21

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by strang, May 14, 2012.

1. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I can live with power zoom as long as it ALSO has a zoom ring, but not if it's PZ only like the 14-42X.

But this is still rumor, so I won't worry about it yet.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I can't imagine the upside to the serious video folks is greater than the amount of angst from the photography side to use power zoom. Ugh. Maybe this will save me a lot of $ though.

5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Yeah!!! Fast zoom would be awesome!! Just hope they don't end up being too big.

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I also hope that the lenses will have a manual zoom ring. However I am also looking at these from the video side and hope they do have the power zoom. Good, fast zooms are lacking from m4/3 and for video use power zoom is essential{well some types of video at least}. I just hope they don't end up being overpriced like the 4/3 zooms that Olympus makes.

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    How about the G5 and GH3? Bring 'em on!

8. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    I want that 12-35mm f2.8.I will sell the 12-50mm to add funds for this lens.

I hope it has manual zoom ring.
    I also do hope that it's not that big and the price is just right.

Does it has weather sealing?

9. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Rumors are that it will be weather-sealed, but we don't really know much of anything for certain.

10. sam_m

sam_m Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Same here really, I feel much more comfortable having a manual zoom ring, never been a fan of the new motorised zoom lenses.

11. Sam0912

Sam0912 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Looking forward to the 35-100, if it's weather sealed (or not), that'll be a good indication of the if the GH3 will be too.

Panasonic recently said they'd be releasing top end m4/3 cameras, so reckon they will be. As for power zoom, never tried it other than on compacts. Didn't like it then, so hopefully they'll do similar to Oly 12-50 and give the choice. I see m4/3 splitting roughly in 2, with Oly focusing on still photography and Panasonic on video (both companies focusing on their specialities).

I see that as being good for the system, as consumers have a better choice. Sony and the others have to try and give best of both worlds, while mft owners can pick a great still cam with good video features, or a great video cam with good still features...or one of each with shared lenses.

12. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    See latest thread by Amin on test of the upcoming Panny 12 - 35 by Dslr magazine weather sealed now confirmed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.