Panasonic announcements May 21

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by strang, May 14, 2012.

1. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I can live with power zoom as long as it ALSO has a zoom ring, but not if it's PZ only like the 14-42X.

But this is still rumor, so I won't worry about it yet.
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I can't imagine the upside to the serious video folks is greater than the amount of angst from the photography side to use power zoom. Ugh. Maybe this will save me a lot of $ though.
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Yeah!!! Fast zoom would be awesome!! Just hope they don't end up being too big.
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I also hope that the lenses will have a manual zoom ring. However I am also looking at these from the video side and hope they do have the power zoom. Good, fast zooms are lacking from m4/3 and for video use power zoom is essential{well some types of video at least}. I just hope they don't end up being overpriced like the 4/3 zooms that Olympus makes.
  7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    How about the G5 and GH3? Bring 'em on!
  8. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    I want that 12-35mm f2.8.I will sell the 12-50mm to add funds for this lens.

I hope it has manual zoom ring.
    I also do hope that it's not that big and the price is just right.

Does it has weather sealing?
  9. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Rumors are that it will be weather-sealed, but we don't really know much of anything for certain.
  10. sam_m

sam_m Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Same here really, I feel much more comfortable having a manual zoom ring, never been a fan of the new motorised zoom lenses.
  11. Sam0912

Sam0912 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Looking forward to the 35-100, if it's weather sealed (or not), that'll be a good indication of the if the GH3 will be too.

Panasonic recently said they'd be releasing top end m4/3 cameras, so reckon they will be. As for power zoom, never tried it other than on compacts. Didn't like it then, so hopefully they'll do similar to Oly 12-50 and give the choice. I see m4/3 splitting roughly in 2, with Oly focusing on still photography and Panasonic on video (both companies focusing on their specialities).

I see that as being good for the system, as consumers have a better choice. Sony and the others have to try and give best of both worlds, while mft owners can pick a great still cam with good video features, or a great video cam with good still features...or one of each with shared lenses.
  12. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    See latest thread by Amin on test of the upcoming Panny 12 - 35 by Dslr magazine weather sealed now confirmed.