1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 7-14mm $630 at LensRentals GONE

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Promit, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    They've also got the Fuji XPro1 and X100 at very good prices.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    LOL ... now that's a Black Friday deal that is to may liking (unfortunately, I already have the 7-14). I hope you enjoy the lens.

Gary

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I was trying to sell my copy of this lens on the B&S thread but didn't get a single PM after I dropped the price in line with the spirit of Black Friday. No wonder, I can't possibly match that price.

The link the OP provided says both lenses are sold already. I wonder who the other lucky dude was.

Oh well, I guess I'm likely to end up keeping my lens after all. :tongue:

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I don't sell my lenses. I have outfitted my daughters and friends with dSLRs and now µ4/3 cameras ... so if something has dust on it ... I tend to give it away.

Gary

6. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Hey Gary! Too bad I don't have kids yet. :wink: But yeah, I plan to teach my kid/s photography someday.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    (I think the real reason I don't sell anything is because I wouldn't buy camera gear from me ... so I treat others as how I treat myself.)

8. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Okay, you drug it out of me. I am the other lucky dude.

There was no way I could turn it down at that price. The amazing thing is it shipped less than an hour after I ordered. That place doesn't waste a second.

Now I have to try it out a bit and decide if I am going to sell my Rokinon 7.5 and possibly my 14mm to offset most of the cost. The 14 is already a little redundant since I have the 12-35 so I will probably sell it, even though I love its miniscule size.

9. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Wow! I was just a little late to this. Enjoy the lens guys.

10. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    You can find them for $800 new on amazon from time to tme, and currently Amazon Warehouse actually have a few for $690 in 'Like New' condition.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Thanks Leo!!!!

12. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    No problem :) make sure to read the item's description when you purchase from Amazon Warehouse (bottom-most part, click 'read more') for the list of defects (if any) and other conditions.

Looking forward to your shots with it!

13. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Read the "more" section, but there was nothing else, it is "like new" so we will see. 30 day money back, that is good in case the lens is funky.

Just payed off the Oly 60mm so tomorrow I will order it. This is the lens I should have had from day 1, but I just didn't know. I sure enjoy UWA.

I guess in a week or so I should have it.

Thank again for the info.

14. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    From Amazon, like new condition, after looking it over for a few seconds, this could be brand new. $685.92.

Just arrived about an hour ago. So glad to have this lens.

7mm

_B280012.

7mm

_B280009.

9mm

_B280010.

15. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    PS: these pictures are small normal Jpegs

16. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    That is one magnificent piece of glass. Nice canopy shot! Looking forward to seeing more pics from you.

I'm glad you found a winning deal. I'm sorry I couldn't offer a better deal with the one I tried to sell. Happy shooting!

17. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Thank you! Sorry that I couldn't fork out an extra $100.00

18. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Glad you got in on that deal! :)
    Amazon Warehouse has just one left in 'very good' condition for $820ish now.

*It'd be interesting to learn about Amazon's (auto) pricing algorithm and to be able to plan/predict it. I've seen Amazon Warehouse items fluctuate in $100-300 range and they're really good deals at the bottom ends. I've seen Pana 12-35mm for $909, Xpro-1 for $1050 (before the price drop), all in like-new condition.

19. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Just got the $630 one from Lensrentals. I am at work so I can't test it properly, but it certainly looks great. A couple very minor scuffs on the body is the only difference I can see from brand new. Have to take some shots with it to see the image quality, but so far I am very happy.

20. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    NP, dude!