1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 45-200mm new firmware v1.3

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by FastCorner, Mar 1, 2012.

1. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    • Like Like x 9
  2. meekthabeast

meekthabeast Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2012
    Just updated the lens and am using it on a E-PL3, it seems to lock stabilization better than before. This is with in body IS off.

3. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    I think that too, although I'm not sure if that is due to fact that lately I've been mostly using the slowish 20mm.

4. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    I'll download and install it at night. Thanks.

5. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    IQ ??

Anyone notice better IQ at the long end of this lens? That's where everyone found a weakness. This IS improvement must help right?

I use mainly primes now but I've had a lot of fun with this lens and in fact the first u4/3 pic I hung on the wall was from the 45-200.

M

6. Went to the Pany Product Support page. Under drivers/download tab the latest firmware update is v1.2 from 11/25/2009.

Where is the latest update located?

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Follow the link in the original post. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "accept." The link for the 45-200 is about halfway down the list of lens firmware updates.

• Like Like x 1
  8. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Hi - did you do this through the oly updater? I have a PL3 as well and the Panasonic site points me to the oly site. thanks!

9. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

I have downloaded the update to desktop, extracted the file ES100213.lim, but I am getting the message "Windows cannot open this file". Is anybody else having this problem? Can anybody suggest a solution? My OS is Windows XP.
    Thanks.

10. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    Have you followed the instructions? You are not supposed to run it on your PC. Copy it to your memory card and insert it in your camera.

11. acercanto

acercanto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    SW VA, USA
    I've done it on mine. Copy .lin file to root of the SD card, insert and go to Review. Let it do its thing, and voila! 1.3.

Acer

12. paullgj

paullgj Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Brownsville, TX
    Not much luck trying to download upgrade

Help! Not much luck here trying to download the 1.3 firmware upgrade for the 45-200. I get a zipped file which is supposed to be self extracting, but isn't. I can't get it to unzip. Needless to say, I can't place it on the desktop before moving it into the root file of the SD card in the camera.

Machine is Mac Powerbook.

13. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Your Mac should be able to unzip the file whether it's self-extracting or not. It may be damaged. I just checked and it should be named FS045200V13.zip and is 197KB on disk. Check that you have the right file and the size is correct.

It unzips to a file called ES100213.lin that is 528 KB. Since the name is different than the zip file it won't show up right next it in an alphabetical list.

Fred

14. paullgj

paullgj Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Brownsville, TX
    Thanks for the info Fred. I was able to find ES100213.lin in the files, but couldn't open it. Got a reading something about a UNIX file. My laptop may have some problems. On Monday I'll try with a different unit.

Gene

15. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    You don't open it on your computer. Copy it onto your camera's sd card and follow the instructions on the update web site.

Fred