COMPLETED Panasonic 45-200 and EPL-2 | Location: USA | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by er1kksen, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. er1kksen

er1kksen New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Feb 21, 2012
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Panasonic 45-200 and EPL-2

EPL-2 and 45-200 set- $150 shipped (low, I know, but read the description)

Ships to

Well, I went to register for mu-43 so that I could list this sale and discovered that I had already registered way back in 2012 when it was starting up. Kinda funny. :rolleyes:

What I have here to list is a very gently used Panasonic 45-200mm Mega OIS lens along with an Olympus EPL-2 that is, depending on your technological aptitude, either a large, rectangular lenscap or a dinged-up but functional little camera for free. Obviously, this requires further explanation.

I first recommended the EPL-2 in its two-lens kit to my dad for some travel he did a year or so ago. Since he's got a compulsion about throwing things away and never resells used gear, I do not have the original box or bill of sale. While he was in turkey he dropped his 40-150mm and broke it, so he found a camera store and bought the 45-200, which he then proceeded to barely use because it was too big for his liking. As a result the lens is in excellent condition, though it also lacks the original box. He put a "marumi" UV haze filter on it at the time of purchase and it's been on ever since.

The EPL-2 has an issue, however. The LCD screen developed a strange pattern wherein the other edges of the screen had normal contrast and brightness but these were reduced in the center portion, and then the LCD began to intermittently fail to display altogether. This prompted him to buy an EPL-3 (and another 40-150 since he never did get to liking the size of the 45-200) and hand me the old camera to do what I may with it. After playing with it for a little while, my conclusion is that there's a problem with the circuitry or wiring that feeds the display to the LCD, as the camera still powers up, focuses, shoots etc. even when the LCD's not working, and the backlight of the LCD functions like normal. A clue as to why this might be the case is that a total of 5(!) screws are missing from the side areas of the camera where the body panels screw onto the chassis. This introduces some play in alignment in body panels that should be tightly aligned, which may be the source of the wiring damage. He has no idea why the screws are missing. Maybe airport security dismantled his camera to look for itty-bitty bombs; it's really a bit baffling that they'd just disappear that way. Either way, the camera is clearly used with slight brassing near the strap attachments, has a nice comfy aftermarket strap attached, and comes with two batteries, charger, and computer cord. So the EPL-2 basically comes for free with the lens, particularly as I have neither a lens endcap or a camera bodycap, and if you know what you're doing it'd probably be easy to get it working again. I could probably figure it out myself but I presently don't have time to learn (about to leave on a trip) and I'm still happy with my Pentax system.

Let me know if you're interested, I'll box it up and bring it with me on the roadtrip in case someone wants to buy it after the 1st, but before then would obviously be more convenient. I have a uniformly positive seller history at both fourthirdsphoto and pentaxforums, username the same as here.

IMGP7557. IMGP7555. IMGP7558. IMGP7556. IMGP7559.

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method

Shipping charge

Handling time
    1-3 days

fourthirdsphoto: er1kksen, pentaxforums: er1kksen

Additional comments

• I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.
  2. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.