Showcase Panasonic 45-175mm f/4-5.6

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
Now that the new firmware fixed the OIS issue I think it's time to start a thread for this lens. This guy was working hard to get his boatload of logs through the curves of the narrow river running through my home town. The municipality aims to protect the landscape alongside the river.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
The firmware update HASN'T fixed it, at least not for me and most other people.

Keith
For me it did, no more double-line features at 1/160s shutter speeds or thereabouts. I took some twenty pics this afternoon and some tens of test shots earlier and was happy with the results. I've read on the dpreview µ4/3 forum that also there users didn't seem to agree about the effectivity of the firmware update, so maybe it depends on other parameters than the shutter speed as well.

There are a lot of posts about the problem on the dpreview and lumixlifestyle forums about the problem and the vast majority of the users still have the double image problem. Some are hanging on to the lens and not using OIS, because optically the lens is very good, just not the OIS.

Keith

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
Our dog during a walk. This is why I like this lens, it's ideal for snapshots on-the-go because it's so light and small. Tightly cropped, the original crop is only 1194x1592 px.

p.h

Mu-43 Regular
Spent a day last week at Edinburgh, grey and overcast, not the best lighting conditions.
Only took the 45 - 175 which was an easy all day carry, as Ad said this is the great thing about this lens.

kevwilfoto

Mu-43 Veteran
All shot with the G3.

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
There are a lot of posts about the problem on the dpreview and lumixlifestyle forums about the problem and the vast majority of the users still have the double image problem. Some are hanging on to the lens and not using OIS, because optically the lens is very good, just not the OIS.

Keith
A few pictures turned up blurry lately with OIS on and shutter speeds in the "dangerous" range between 1/100 and 1/250s. Not all of them, but still enough to be weary of using these shutter speeds with this lens on the GH2. Seems I'm plagued by OIS issues as well after all...

Can anyone comment if this lens has the same issues on the E-M5?

uci2ci

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sam
A few pictures turned up blurry lately with OIS on and shutter speeds in the "dangerous" range between 1/100 and 1/250s. Not all of them, but still enough to be weary of using these shutter speeds with this lens on the GH2. Seems I'm plagued by OIS issues as well after all...

Can anyone comment if this lens has the same issues on the E-M5?
I have this on an Em-5 and I never had the double image issue. Before I bought this lens, I researched this problem quite a bit and the only double image complaint I found using the EM5 was from someone on a Deutsch photography forum.

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
EM5 and 45-175

Wow, we need more pics in this thread!

These pics from football practice were some of my first experiments with RAW from the EM5 in LR4. The processing is probably a bit much, but whatever.

These last two are SOOC JPGs with only resizing.

Steven

Mu-43 All-Pro
Some photos from Dresden.

I am really liking this one. Very pleased with sharpness on the long end. :smile:

the shutter speed on this one is much slower and the sharpness suffers it seems :frown:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom