Showcase Panasonic 45-150mm f/4-5.6

Helgestahill

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Torbjörn Olsson
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Favorit pelargonium.
Panasonic Lumix GX7 and 45.0-150.0 mm f/4.0-5.6
ISO 200, f6.3, 1/800, 150mm

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
I got this 45-150 lens with the GX85 kit. And it turned out to be a great lens. I also use it on the LUMIX G9 with excellent results. The following is a 7 shot panorama with the G9 hand held and auto stitched in Microsoft ICE. Then touched up in LR to heal some of the wave's overlap to blend it better. Shot at 45mm for a final resolution of 10215 x5085. Huge resolution and detail.

The following is a Crop (more than 300%) into the center of the above panorama (Corner and edge sharpness is the same). The crop reveals details that can't be seen with the full view.

When it comes to resolution of the MU-43, much higher resolutions can be achieved depending on the shot. Consider a 2 or 3 row panorama and how huge that would be. With multi shot panoramas and auto stitch, you can create your own DIY high res photos hand held with any lens for any composition angle from ultra wide to telephoto.

The following is a single shot cropped 100% with the 45-150 shot after sunset (at 150mm, f/5.6, 400ISO, 1/125 shutter) hand held with the G9 and it's amazing Dual IS. Shot with medium burst rate 7fps, and 25% hit rate with diamond group AF points and back button focus in AFS/AFF mode. I'm pretty blown away with what the MU-43 can do with telephoto lenses.

Last edited:

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I got this 45-150 lens with the GX85 kit. And it turned out to be a great lens. I also use it on the LUMIX G9 with excellent results. The following is a 7 shot panorama with the G9 hand held and auto stitched in Microsoft ICE. Then touched up in LR to heal some of the wave's overlap to blend it better. Shot at 45mm for a final resolution of 10215 x5085. Huge resolution and detail.
View attachment 661290
The following is a Crop (more than 300%) into the center of the above panorama (Corner and edge sharpness is the same). The crop reveals details that can't be seen with the full view.
View attachment 661291
When it comes to resolution of the MU-43, much higher resolutions can be achieved depending on the shot. Consider a 2 or 3 row panorama and how huge that would be. With multi shot panoramas and auto stitch, you can create your own DIY high res photos hand held with any lens for any composition angle from ultra wide to telephoto.

The following is a single shot cropped 100% with the 45-150 shot after sunset (at 100mm, f/5.6, 400ISO, 1/125 shutter) hand held with the G9 and it's amazing Dual IS. Shot with medium burst rate 7fps, and 25% hit rate with diamond group AF points and back button focus in AFS/AFF mode. I'm pretty blown away with what the MU-43 can do with telephoto lenses.
View attachment 661292
It is a great lens indeed.
Only a handfull of fans on this site.
It deserves better.
Would the 40150PRO have made this a 'better' picture?
Maybe, but this is good enough for me.

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Kevin
Another fan of the 45-150. The lens does not seem to get much love, but it always gives me something.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Maybe, but this is good enough for me.
View attachment 662677
Great shot! (I also have this lens). And a little PP dehaze might take it up a notch?

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Great shot! (I also have this lens). And a little PP dehaze might take it up a notch?

View attachment 662716
Thanks!
Wow, great PP while retaining the colours of the parachute.
I am not sure if the mountains were that dark, just cant re-visulize.

It is a great lens. I never do low light photos, so cannot comment on that. It has never diappointed me.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
It is a great lens. I never do low light photos, so cannot comment on that. It has never diappointed me.
Who needs light? :)

Lumix 45-150

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Kevin
Two more with this lens.

justa1972

Mu-43 Regular
Cheap, light and sharp - what more could you ask for ?!

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Got this lens free with an offer from Panasonic - not bad at all!

hannahntilly

Mu-43 Regular
Look at the youngsters playing in my garden currently.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom