1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 45-150 - $219

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by meyerweb, Aug 17, 2013.

1. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Not a "super" deal perhaps, but cheaper than anyone else is selling it by about $30, and free shipping.

Amazon.com: Panasonic H-FS45150K Lumix G Series Lens (Black): PANASONIC: Electronics

I contacted the seller, and they claim to be authorized resellers, and that the product carries a US warranty. Mine came with a English / French manual, like my other US gear, but no warranty card. I don't remember whether my other purchased new lenses came with a card or not. I was able to register the lens, with serial number, via Panasonic's US online registration page, however.

I'm really amazed at how tiny this lens is. Combined with my 12-35, this will make a great travel combo.

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
  3. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes. Gray market, no warranty. I don't do that for Panasonic gear. I used to do gray market with Canon, because Canon USA would honor the warranty. Panasonic US won't even honor the warranty on a Canadian lens.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    You can buy a 3 year square trade warranty for less than the difference between that $190 lens, and a $219 lens.

5. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes, you can. I've heard some horror stories about some of these 3rd party warranties.

Look, if you want to buy a gray market lens, that's your call. I just provided some information to people who don't want to buy gray market.

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Actually, I prefer buying used lenses for even less. When I owned that lens, I paid $159 for it pristine used mint with box and papers. I would still have it, except I sold it after I got a chance to get the 45-175 on the Amazon deal for $210 a couple months ago.

7. hunstomer

hunstomer New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2013
    I like free shipping