Panasonic 45-150 - $219

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by meyerweb, Aug 17, 2013.

1. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Not a "super" deal perhaps, but cheaper than anyone else is selling it by about $30, and free shipping.

Amazon.com: Panasonic H-FS45150K Lumix G Series Lens (Black): PANASONIC: Electronics

I contacted the seller, and they claim to be authorized resellers, and that the product carries a US warranty. Mine came with a English / French manual, like my other US gear, but no warranty card. I don't remember whether my other purchased new lenses came with a card or not. I was able to register the lens, with serial number, via Panasonic's US online registration page, however.

I'm really amazed at how tiny this lens is. Combined with my 12-35, this will make a great travel combo.

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
  3. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes. Gray market, no warranty. I don't do that for Panasonic gear. I used to do gray market with Canon, because Canon USA would honor the warranty. Panasonic US won't even honor the warranty on a Canadian lens.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    You can buy a 3 year square trade warranty for less than the difference between that $190 lens, and a $219 lens.

5. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes, you can. I've heard some horror stories about some of these 3rd party warranties.

Look, if you want to buy a gray market lens, that's your call. I just provided some information to people who don't want to buy gray market.

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Actually, I prefer buying used lenses for even less. When I owned that lens, I paid $159 for it pristine used mint with box and papers. I would still have it, except I sold it after I got a chance to get the 45-175 on the Amazon deal for $210 a couple months ago.

7. hunstomer

hunstomer New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2013
    I like free shipping

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.