1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 43mm f/1.2 and 150mm f/2.8 "announced"

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by szanda, Feb 2, 2013.

1. szanda

szanda Mu-43 Regular

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Panasonic first announced these two lens some time ago, 6-9 months or so. They just showed them again at the latest show. They do like like very nice lenses but will be very expensive when they come out. I really don't need the portrait lens but the tele I could put to use.

3. szanda

szanda Mu-43 Regular

Uh I am really sorry but I have joined the m4/3 community only few weeks ago and bought my first m4/3 camera at november, so I was pretty excited to see that kind of "news" :)

Sorry again :)

4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    No appology neccessary. This was the first time the lenses have appeared on the road map. Prototypes have been shown before but with absolutely no information on when. Now it looks like this year, which is nice.

Gordon

5. speedandstyle

No reason to be sorry. Just was letting you know that Panasonic had already announced them.

I should have welcomed you first, then posted what I did - welcome!:smile:

New to m4/3? Moving up from compact/cell phone or from DSLR?

6. szanda

szanda Mu-43 Regular

speedandstyle: I moved from really old Nikon D70 and my current setup is OM-D with 14mm and 25mm f/1,4 and HLD-06 grip. I was planning to buy 45mm soon, but I need FL-600R flash first and than propably, according to my salary, that new 43mm pana will be out :-D

Anyway, I fell in love with my m4/3 gear, I was shooting some children's camp (where I work externally) documentary photography and I really loved it for it's size and IQ. I was able to run all day in winter through the forest, taking some action shots with 25mm lens :-D it was pure fun, nothing compared to dslr, althrought it will be better with longer lens. But my main interest is in street photography, where 14mm excels, and recently, I have found enjoyment in shooting portraits, and I can say, I really don't miss DSLR, I missed it for a first week, but the break occurred when I bought grip for my OM-D, cos' I have hands like bigfoot :-D

7. speedandstyle

I too came from Nikon and still have one APS body{D5000} and a few AF-S lenses and a couple of Samyang manual focus. I still use it when I need fast AF or better low light ability. I switched to m4/3 because I was tired of the size and weight of DSLRs. I also still have my first serious camera, a Nikomat{asian market Nikkormat} 35mm film camera and all my old lenses Nikkor, Nikon E and Vivitar. I have been using the old lenses again via adaptor on m4/3 and love it.

I so want to get an E-M5 but it is not in the budget right now. Perhaps if my tax return is big enough!? I agree with you about the big hands, mine are large too. The grip looks so good and even better because the shutter release is moved forward with it.

The 45mm is a great lens well worth the price. I think it is the best performing M4/3 lens I own, both in IQ and AF plus it manual focuses fairly easy too. I tend to either shoot wider or more tele so I don't use it a great deal. The 14mm is my favorite m4/3 prime and it never ceases to amaze me how well it performs.

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    They look pretty nice. I wonder what the price point will be on these. And will the 43/1.2 be head and shoulders above Oly's 45/1.8?

9. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    At f/1.2 it will be. :tongue:

10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    f1.2 sounds very enticing. But if it's going to be a super soft f1.2, then not so enticing. Hopefully, we'll get super sharp and less than $1000!

11. speedandstyle

f1.2 is one stop faster than f1.8 so I wouldn't say it is "head and shoulders" better{not even in the speed game}. Being that fast it will very likely be soft at 1.2. If they do make it super sharp fully open then chances are it will get soft stopped down due to diffraction. A good portrait lens needs to be sharp across the range. The Olympus 45mm is sharp all the way across it's aperture range BTW. Speed is not the only thing that makes a great lens great!

I also figure that this lens{42.5/43mm} will be $1000 if not more due to the large max aperture and Panasonic's pricing on primes. The 150mm is going to be even more possibly as much as $2000. And worse is the news that they will not be available until 2014!

Panasonic reps talking: 42.5mm and 150mm not coming this year. GX2 coming soon. | 43 Rumors