Panasonic 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH OIS - In Stock at Kenmore Camera!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I just got word from Kenmore Camera that they have received a shipment of the Panasonic 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH OIS.

My Panasonic contact put me in touch with them as a likely candidate to have stock early, and as far as I am aware, they are the first to have them.

I just snagged one, and that leaves only a few left in stock, but I can say for sure that at this moment they are in stock. Act fast if you want one!

Link: http://www.kenmorecamera.com/p-30819-panasonic-425mm-f12-asph-ois.aspx

• Like Like x 6
  2. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Yikes, that's not cheap.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That it isn't!

4. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    yes, at this price, i doubt this lens will be 'snagged' a lot. Should have been half of that price in my opinion. Thanks for posting though, admin!

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The price definitely gave me (and my wife) pause, but I believe this is a very special lens and will have some samples to share soon!

6. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    I await your samples, Amin, as my bank account says I must wait far longer for the lens.

7. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    We'll a nice surprise is its cheaper here in canada...$1549 Canadian vs $1599 American.
    Seems Panasonic is making some strange marketing moves. They released the black GX7 in Canada immediately, where as was not available in USA during initial release, and now the 42.5 is cheaper especially once you do the exchange rate. Wonder why?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    223 reviews and still in stock, it is not a fast selling lens at this price... I wonder how much it is selling in Japan. We'll see most probably the Japanese sellers in Amazon soon if it's relatively cheaper like it happened w/ other high end Panasonic lenses.

9. wercrazy

wercrazy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    Where in Canada did you see it for $1549 ? I hope to drain my bank account and get one!

10. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    It is a beautiful lens. I was asked if I wanted to try it on my GX7. I declined - fearing dropping the lens. It does feel expensive weight wise. Kenmore Camera is a great store!

11. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Look forward to seeing samples! It'd also be nice to see how it compares to the Olympus 45 1.8 lens.

12. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Oh man, I really can't wait to compare this bad boy to the Voigtlander 42.5 and the 45mm f1.8! Ultimately, probably my favorite focal length. Three lenses each with their own strengths and weaknesses!

13. wuju

wuju Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 28, 2013
    Where did you see that?? Like to see and get it at that price. Thanks

14. The best Canadian price I can see is $1699. I'd love to know where I can get it at this price!

15. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    I'm sure it's a fantastic lens, but when it's basically as expensive as a used D600 and 85mm 1.8G, not sure how it's a really good deal except for a select few people.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Lots of us are Micro Four Thirds users who simply don't want to add a second system. Also, the Nikon system you mentioned is not stabilized, doesn't do face detection, is larger, etc etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  17. zlatko-photo

zlatko-photo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2014
    The lowest price in Japan (as shown on amazon.co.jp) appears to be 151,200 yen, which is about $1,477.

• Like Like x 1
  18. wuju

wuju Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 28, 2013
    Where is this store in Canada that sells the 42.5 F1.2 cheaper than U.S.

Where is this store in Canada? Would like to get it there. thanks.

19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I know Grinch has mentioned shopping at Saneal Camera in the past, and checking their site, they do indeed have the lens listed for $1549: http://www.sanealcamera.com/

I can't speak to Saneal as a store nor do I know whether they have this lens in stock.

Henry's and Vistek both list it for $1699, so it does not seem that the lens is overall sold at a lower price in Canada.

20. wuju

wuju Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 28, 2013
    Perfect. Thanks. Will get it from Saneal Camera then.