Panasonic 42.5 f1.7 Lens Chatter!?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by D MATIC, Oct 7, 2015.

1. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    I just picked up the P42.5 1.7 since I thought it be a good match with my GM5 since it has IS. I'm noticing the AF is quite noisy audibly then compared the Oly 45 1.8. It also has a chatter sound when you AF similar to chatter sound of the PL25.

Anyone can confirm this on their copy? I'm wondering if mine is defective.

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    What do you mean by chatter? little clicky noise when it AF? Yes my copy does that.

If you want extra OCD stuff to worry about do you notice in a quite room the OS makes very quiet beeping noises when you move the camera around.

None of this really bothers me though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012

Yes exactly, clicky noises during AF similar to the PL25. AND yes I do hear very faint "beeping" noises from the lens. From what I make of it, it's the stabilization moving creating a sound that sounds like a faint beep.

I've been shooting it a lot recently and I've gotten used to it. BUT previously having the Olympus 45 1.8 for so long and it being near silent, it's surprising how much audible noise the Panasonic 42.5 f1.7 lens makes

4. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    FYI this lens is now on sale for $100 off everywhere. Luckily my purchase date wasn't too far and I got refunded the difference.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1