Panasonic 42.5/1.7 $297 at B&H and Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by kwalsh, Oct 13, 2015.

1. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I think this is a new low price (at least at Amazon price just dropped in the past day I think). Links:

NOTE: The Amazon price is for sale direct from Amazon and not 3rd parties. Amazon is out of stock until the 16th so right now it is listing some more expensive 3rd party options, check the other buying options to see the Amazon price at $297.

You can get this lens at this price from E-Bay from Japanese sellers at any time, but without a US warranty. And a real hassle to return if there is a problem. These are for US copies from US retailers. Also note there is a form you can submit to extend your Panasonic rebate from 1 yr to 3 yrs for free - both Amazon and B&H are authorized retailers for that offer.

Not much more than the Olympus now! (well, the Olympus can be had even cheaper used).

EDIT: And now at Adorama as well
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    We mu43 types sure are getting spoiled for lenses. There's some amazing stuff in the low price end.
  3. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Nice catch. Thanks for posting. I wonder if this is a true temporary price reduction or if it will soon become the "new normal." Adorama will price match if you call them. They do not price match to Amazon but they do price match to B&H if B&H has it in stock.

As an aside, there is interesting chatter going around about B&H (who knows if Adorama is any better):
    • Informative Informative x 1