Panasonic 3D LUMIX G 12.5mm/F12 Lens $69.00

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chuck-B&H, May 14, 2012.

1. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I used to shoot 3D slides on an old '50s Stereo Realist. And I keep looking at this lens and the LOREO 3D lens. First off, is this Panasonic lens compatible with the Olympus E-M5? And I have no intention of viewing the files on a 3D screen or shooting 3D video...... could I just send these files to a lab for printing traditional 3D slides to be viewed in a viewer?

I've really had a hard time finding answers to these questions. Thanks in advance for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    You can make the lens work with any M43 camera, it just won't be automatic like it is with the supported Panasonic cameras. Even on a supported camera, I prefer to use it as a dumb lens by spoofing the system. Panasonic went out of their way to cripple the support for this lens so that it wouldn't compete with their other 3D product.

Here's a thread about the challenges.

using Lumix 3D lens with GH1 - The GetDPI Photography Forums

4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    So will this work with the scene mode option "3D" on the E-P3 or is this option for an upcoming Olympus lens. I ask as there are scene modes for wide,macro, and fisheye that are to be used with the Olympus add ons.

5. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

@Luke Digital files can be transferred to slide film via a device called a "film recorder". You would need to find a specialized lab that still provides this service. E6 processing is disappearing so I am not sure how easy this will be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Would it be possible to get a response...yes,no, don't know. Any response would be appreciated.

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Grinch......the E-P3 3d mode works with regular lenses. Here's how it works..... The E-P3’s 3D Photo Mode lets you release the shutter and slowly pan until the camera automatically takes a second image from a slightly different (left eye/right eye) perspective. The 3D data is processed in camera producing an .MPO file, the industry standard for display on 3D televisions or laptops

8. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

I am sorry Grinch, I thought you were discussing the issue with other members. Although the premise of the 4/3rd's mount is a universally accepted lens mount, the various manufacturers never say if or what functionality will or will not work when a lens say like the Panasonic 3D LUMIX G 12.5mm/F12 Lens is used on a non supported body. I am sorry for the delay in responding. This is really something that requires testing and I am not able to do so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.