1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 3D Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Ver7igo, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Ver7igo

Ver7igo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 7, 2012
  2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I have 2. Never gotten around to even getting them out of the box. Check B&H. I got mine there for $49.

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I want to try one, as it apparently works with the E-M5. The only Oly it will work with so I've been told.

4. oldsweng

oldsweng Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    Oregon
    I have it. I've used it on both the GH2 and EM5. The big drawback is for me is the small size of the image. It's to be expected when recording two images at the same time on a single sensor. I don't print larger than 8x12 due to the image size. Read your manual to determine the size your camera records for 3D. It will be probably be in fine print! The 3D was designed for driving 3D TVs and monitors, not prints. To view the images in 3D prints you will need additional software to convert the images from the camera to something you can view and print.

BTW, I waited until the price was about $50 before I bought the lens.

5. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    Can anyone clarify please whether the 3D lens works with video or only on stills ?
    Rob

6. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Tape fixes anything.

7. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Sorry you lost me with that reply ?...

8. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    If you tape over the contacts on the lens, it can be used as a dumb lens on any M43 camera. Thus you can take 3D photos and videos with it on any M43 camera. It defeats Panasonic's handicapping of the firmware. So yes, it does work with video.

9. Kadmos

Kadmos Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Guys, would you get two separate images on the E-M5 or a merged one?

10. sinclair

sinclair Mu-43 Veteran

I've got it, shot a couple of photos, but don't have a 3D TV or software to view it, yet. I think it's worth the $50 price. As is, it'll only do stills, no video. Cover the contacts, and then you can do video. If the camera can shoot in 3D, then you'll only see one image on the screen, and it'll make a container file that holds the two images. I'd imagine that taped and on other cameras, you'll see two images on the LCD, one for each lens in the lens body.