Panasonic 35-100 jitter woes

jordanwander

Mu-43 Rookie
Despite reading so many reviews and watching countless youtube videos, I missed the reports of the jitter problem with some copies of this lens. I noticed it on my own when shooting with my GH4 and it's really a pretty bad problem rendering a lot of footage useless. I also have a 12-35 and I tested both lenses at 35mm handheld and the difference is night and day. I'm travelling in Thailand (got the lens here too) and I plan to walk into a service center in a couple weeks when I'm in bangkok. I really hope the problem can be fixed otherwise I'll have to sell the lens. It works find for stills but for video it's only really with IS switched off and that won't work for me. But then again what will be my next option? I really hope panasonic will fix or replace my lens.

If anyone is interested in seeing my test footage, I can upload it.

jordanwander

Mu-43 Rookie
I'm not sure if they are all the same but I can't just go back to the store because Thailand doesn't really have a returning concept and I already shipped the box home (whoops!).

jordanwander

Mu-43 Rookie
I did check! What I discovered was Panasonic released a firmware for a similar issue on the 12-35 but I never had it there. I updated anyway. But for this lens... alas nothing.

Vesku

Mu-43 Regular
My 14-140 II jitters the same way. I tested at store and the 12-35mm also jitters. Panasonic has a global issue with their lenses!

Pentaxis

Mu-43 Regular
Make sure to submit your issue to Panasonic regarding the 35-100mm jitter. The more the better. They released a firmware update for the 12-35mm that fixed it on that one. Not many people shoot video with the 35-100mm, and it doesn't affect still photography. A large sample base submitted to Panasonic is the only thing that could possibly get a resolution. Best of luck!
-P

Latest threads

Top Bottom