1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 35 - 100 for Macro with Raynox DCR 250 Anyone Tried It ??

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Robstar1963, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    Im thinking of getting a Raynox DCR250 Macro adaptor for my 35 - 100 and was just wondering if anyone had tried this or any similar combinations
    I would think that this lens would be good with Macro due to the quality of the optics
    I was thinking of the Olympus 60mm but this wont have image stability on my Panasonic body
    Using the 35 - 100 would perhaps be a better option to increase the versatility of an existing lens and save money by not having to to buy/ use a dedicated Macro lens ?
    How does the image quality shape up using a Raynox compared to dedicated macro lenses (I previously used a Pana Leica 45)
    Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Rob

2. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I just bought a 46mm - 43mm step down ring which allows me to use the Raynox on my Sigma and Panasonic primes. First results look promising. I haven't yet tried it on my Olympus 40-150.
    Regarding IS, I suspect I shall still prefer to use my Panasonic G3 rather than my E-PM1 for macro (and telephoto) work, the viewfinder (or tilting screen) winning over the Olympus's IBIS...