1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic 35 - 100 for Macro with Raynox DCR 250 Anyone Tried It ??

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Robstar1963, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    Im thinking of getting a Raynox DCR250 Macro adaptor for my 35 - 100 and was just wondering if anyone had tried this or any similar combinations
    I would think that this lens would be good with Macro due to the quality of the optics
    I was thinking of the Olympus 60mm but this wont have image stability on my Panasonic body
    Using the 35 - 100 would perhaps be a better option to increase the versatility of an existing lens and save money by not having to to buy/ use a dedicated Macro lens ?
    How does the image quality shape up using a Raynox compared to dedicated macro lenses (I previously used a Pana Leica 45)
    Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Rob

2. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I just bought a 46mm - 43mm step down ring which allows me to use the Raynox on my Sigma and Panasonic primes. First results look promising. I haven't yet tried it on my Olympus 40-150.
    Regarding IS, I suspect I shall still prefer to use my Panasonic G3 rather than my E-PM1 for macro (and telephoto) work, the viewfinder (or tilting screen) winning over the Olympus's IBIS...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.