Panasonic 25mm available now

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by fljoe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. fljoe

fljoe Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    Thanks! Just wish I had the money..!!
  3. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Unfortunately, Speaking for myself I cannot justify spending more than $299 US, on any µ4/3 lens right now. Ironically I might if the lens was fast and could be used on my film camera and my adapter to µ4/3 mount. I paid 150 for my Rokkor 35mm 1.8 lens and love using it on both film and digital.
    I like manually focusing
  4. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have always thought about getting a Pana 25mm. The only thing that's stopping me is the infamous rattling sound when used with Oly bodies.

Now I am tempted to sell my 14, 20 and 14-45.

Anyone out there who wants to buy the lot? PM me.
  5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I really want a 25mm lens but due to the clicking I think I'm going to get the voightlander f.95 or wait to see what Olympus offers.
  6. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    I just got my lens and the clicking seems to be the same sort of adjustment that other lenses were making when mounted on the E-P2, including the Panasonic 20mm and the Olympus 45mm. It's definitely louder though, and continues even in manual mode. It doesn't bother me, but I would not take it to any quiet event to use. And I can understand those who find it unacceptable. On my camera it is nowhere like the constant chatter that the video earlier in this thread shows, just intermittent adjustments. Quite noticeable, though.

But I love the lens. The rendering is more -- filmlike maybe ?-- than some of the made for digital lenses. Anyway, there's something about the look that I like. On the E-P2 it's not much different in size than the OM-1 and 50mm Zuiko that was my standard kit for years. Familiarity breeding comfort rather than contempt in this instance. I'm anxious to try it on the E-M5 (WHICH IS ARRIVING VIA FED-X SECOND DAY ON MONDAY BY 4:30pm!!! Glory Be!)
  7. shiaokun

shiaokun Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2011
    thanks for the info! been looking around for this one.
  8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Same here. And given that aperture mechanisms are mechanical and do not have an infinite lifetime, and that constant rapid movement causes major wear and tear over time, I'd consider it a showstopper.

9. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    I totally didn't think about that part..

My Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 lens has constant movement and makes tons of
    noise, so I guess it will wear down over time :frown:
  10. shiaokun

shiaokun Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2011
    order mine last Thursday and received it earlier this week. i suppose the demand for this one is still strong as most stores still list them as back ordered. again, thanks for the info so i didn't pay what the third party stores on Amazon ask. (over $800!?)