Panasonic 25mm 1.7....or.....Olympus 25mm 1.8 lens

threeOh

Mu-43 Veteran
I had the P25/1.7. It’s OK. Does nothing wrong, just never a wow moment. I replaced it with the O25/1.8. Better contrast, more saturated, smaller, better built, noticeably sharper render.

Of my normal to wide primes, I put the O25 2nd just behind my PL15. Both are a pleasure to shoot. The P20 falls well behind due to its AF and size.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
The P25 f/1.7 is one lens I have never owned. Something about it has just always put me off and I'm not really sure why.

The O25 f/1.8? Wonderful lens. Smaller and lighter than the other 25mm options, feels great in use.

But I did sell it on when I got the PL25 f/1.4. That's the one I would get if you can followed by the Olympus.

DlanorSekao

Mu-43 Regular
The P25 f/1.7 is one lens I have never owned. Something about it has just always put me off and I'm not really sure why.

The O25 f/1.8? Wonderful lens. Smaller and lighter than the other 25mm options, feels great in use.

But I did sell it on when I got the PL25 f/1.4. That's the one I would get if you can followed by the Olympus.
Well.....I found a Oly 25 1.8 for $95 including shipping and bought it. Just got it a few hours ago and immediately am very pleased and contented.
I had my heart set on the P 25/1.4 , but for right now this lesser Oly 1.8 ticks all the boxes.
And of course there is Christmas just around the corner ! Lol

Last edited:

DlanorSekao

Mu-43 Regular
That's a fantastic deal!
I'm very pleased. Played with it all day today and have Zero regrets.
The nice thing is , now I have no desire to even think of the PL 25mm 1.4 because my thirst for a decent 25mm prime is quenched.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom