Panasonic 25mm 1.7 Lens - Pre-order for $250!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Jonathan F/2, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think the pre-order has always been at $250, but it's a good reminder of a great price. If I didn't already have an O25, I'd be first in line to try it out.
  3. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    that's as close to a cheap nifty fifty as it possibly could be. Even in Europe. has them for 249 CHF.

Cheaper than any fast prime (even 14 and 20mm) new, of course. Sigma 2.8 lenses excluded.

Great news for people just coming to m43. If i didn't have my Oly25mm, i'd be all over this.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Okay suddenly this lens makes sense. It's the new fast affordable kit lens. It's not a pancake like the 20mm but it's quiet, internal focusing, no banding on Olympus, and fast at AF.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Many long time M43 users already have P25 or O25 like me, but this is great deal for someone doesn't have 25mm pirme!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Starfleet

Starfleet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    I hope it will be stabilized for Panasonic users, since they do not have any stabilized 25mm lens yet. For size, the Olympus still wins the battle. Image quality wise, we shall see. It would be good not to have too much CA when using Olympus bodies. The PanaLeica can be pretty bad from that standpoint in certain conditions.
  7. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    how does this compare to PL25?
  8. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It does not have OIS.

1/2 a stop slower and 1/2 the price is all we know right now.
  9. Sheldoneous

Sheldoneous New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2015
    Any reason to look at this if you already have the P20?
  10. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Faster (internal) focusing and a little longer FOV will create a little more DOF.

I had a P20 since it first came out. Sold it several months ago when I came back to m43 when I realized how slow AF was on my Oly bodies. Picked up the PL25. Love it, but just picked up a used P20 because I miss the FOV. 25mm is just that much too long for me for a standard walk around lens. I'm tempted to dump the PL25 now due to size and redundancy, BUT, this lens and the O25 still intrigue me somewhat.
  11. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    This will be less than 200 on the used market very soon. Good to have some reasonably priced lenses around.
  12. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    Faster AF would be nice, but I prefer the 40mm FOV over 50mm. And since I have the 20mm V1......
  13. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    That's a great point- I would much rather have this if buying a camera kit, than a slow 14-42mm. Not everyone will, but it would be a nice option.
  14. Sheldoneous

Sheldoneous New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2015
    Yeah I have the 20mm v1 and I'd like faster focus but the FOV I can't imagine would be much different or worth the hassle of selling off the 20 for the 25.
  15. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    Oops, I completely forgot this was a "pre-order" and not something that's out in the wild. I hope it's a good replacement for those that gave up the PL25 (like me)!