1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 25mm 1.4 for $359, Amazon Warehouse deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lkp.chennai, Jan 6, 2015.

1. lkp.chennai

lkp.chennai Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    India
    Lipak Prusty
    Panasonic leica DG 25mm f1.4 Very Good condition for $358,Amazon Warehouse Deal

I think this is a good deal, I had never seen this lens going below $450 in Amazon Warehouse

Please note this price is for lens condition - Very Good, not new.

I had bought few lenses from Amazon warehouse in the past and they are like new, only scuff marks in package

Link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B0055N2L22/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Price usually changes frequently, not sure for how long this price would be valid

• Like Like x 4
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Last time I bought a Very Good from Amazon, I couldn't see any evidence that it had even been opened.

3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    good grief, I only wish a 25mm f1.4 Leica mount could be bought for less than 10 times that price....

4. CaptureLights

CaptureLights Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2014
    thanks for the deal, i purchased an copy.

5. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    I ordered one too, thanks for the heads up. It says it's repackaged. I'm guessing they have a few of these that the packaging was damaged. maybe they are otherwise new?

6. lkp.chennai

lkp.chennai Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    India
    Lipak Prusty
    That's the standard description they put for item condition like very good etc. One good thing is this comes with 30 days return policy.. Can be returned in case we don't line it.. But I had never returned it, I always found it to be in right shape..

7. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    I orderded too, then noticed that a new option appeared as available from warehousedeals: "like new" for $367.65, implying this one had original packaging ... so I ordered that one and BEFORE I cancelled the first order the "very good" option was available again (so, they appear one by one as available always showing only one in stock). But now I wonder if the "like new" I purchased is a different batch ... like a real return ... which would make it more likely to have some functional defect ...

8. lkp.chennai

lkp.chennai Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    India
    Lipak Prusty
    I am sure there wouldn't be any functional defect/difference... It would be more on cosmetic/packaging side I believe.. For $10 difference I would chose like new..

9. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    just grabbed one. thanks! I've wanted this lens for yrs but the size kind of put me off. But at this price it's hard to pass up, and i can finally experience this dare i say legendary lens.

10. nikonshutter16

nikonshutter16 New to Mu-43

Jan 24, 2014
    I just saved $359. :smile: How did I miss this deal. I've been eyeing for 1. $359 is (was) a good price. Congrats to ones who got it at that price.

11. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    I just received the lens. It came in the original box, with the corner smashed in about 3/4", and with all items. As far as I can tell it's new and never been mounted to a camera, I can't see any marks on the flange.

I took a few shots with it to check out the quality. The corners have some CA at f1.4 (as expected) but at f2.8 it's very sharp. Compared to my 20mm f1.7 it has more CA at f1.7 but the vignetting is much better. The fast focus should help me get more shots of my daughter indoors, my reason for this purchase. Overall quite pleased.

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Same goes here

13. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I just got mine today. the lens looks brand new, so does everything in the box. only "defect" i can find is a minor scratch on the box about 3in long. Been wanting this lens for the longest and finally got it! Thanks for the heads up!

14. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    I got my "like new" copy from amazon's warehouse deals ($367.65 + 25.74 FL tax). I am disappointed. The box seemed ok except for the damage from breaking the seal, opening and resealing (and a couple of stickers), but I found that the lens focus ring is very dusty (it is made of rubber which seems to attract dust a lot), though without marks or scuffs; also, the inside of the hood has quite a few marks (not quite scratches though). I tested it on a gx1 and seems ok, but I am not much of an expert, so I would not be able to catch subtle defects now. Well, I guess the dust could easily come from a dusty table/environment in the warehouse and the marks in the hood could perhaps come from friction against the bag containing the lens (which has some rough parts; on second thought, I would expect the hood to be packaged in its own small plastic bag, it didn't ), or they could come from use by a first buyer. Well, it's still possibly a good price for a lightly used lens if it is a good copy, but I can't be very confident of that. I am likely to return it ... (PS. The parts covered by the front and rear caps were very clean in comparison to the barrel and focus ring in particular.)

15. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    The original post states lens was listed in "very good" condition, not "like new". Was yours actually listed as "like new"?

16. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Enjoy the lens...its a keeper in my opinion. I must have been lucky to find one for 350 lightly used on this forum several months ago.

17. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    Yes, it was listed "like new" (at the same time those "very good" copies were listed) ... I am specially disappointed considering that one can buy a new copy from Japan for $425 (free shipping) in ebay (with valid warranty in Japan). I feel it is less likely to be a bad copy than a returned copy from amazon.

18. CaptureLights

CaptureLights Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2014
    Wow, you got charged 7% tax in Florida?

As of current, Amazon does not charge any tax shipping to Michigan, but i think they are proposing likelihoods of that being happening... i would hate to add another 25$ to the purchase if i can avoid it...

19. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Not sure about bad copies, but if you can't tell it is bad then it probably is not bad. I wouldn't obsess on that too much. Otherwise, it does not quite sound like your lens is "like new", so you have to decide what to do. I've never returned something through Amazon Warehouse, but maybe they can get you a new copy as a replacement. Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck with it.

20. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    Yes, amazon is charging 7% in Florida. Books are exempt (not sure if other articles). Also, concluding from the amount of tax on orders I have made, amazon doesn't charge tax for sales from other marketplace sellers even if amazon fulfills the order.

The initial $359 for "very good" was very good ... then it became $367.65 for selecting a "like new" copy, and then $393.39 after tax ... not longer so competitive with a $425 new copy from Japan (so far, with 3 lens purchases from Japan, I have not been charged any custom fees; with EMS shipping, it seems that Fedex, UPS and the likes should be avoided), but I decided to go ahead ... so, disappointing to see now that it is a return after possibly some considerable use.