Panasonic 20mm v 14-45 lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 5, 2011.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Hi folks,

Looking for a little advice, I've been wanting to add to my Olympus 17mm pancake lens that I bought with my EP1.

I've added a 135mm manual Hexanon as I don't use telephoto a lot and looking to add a manual 50mm/57mm also.

But I've been looking at adding another native lens as I do like the 17mm, especially the tiny size but sometimes I feel like I'd like something a little different!

I was looking to purchase the Oly 14-42MK2 but in the UK these seem quite pricey and rarely seem to come up used, the Panasonic 14-45 is another I've had my eye on as I know that its meant to be a cracking kit lens and its also fairly cheap used.

I also like the Panny 20mm partly because of its size and also because I know its meant to be a cracker of a lens, it would cost me almost double that of the 14-45 (unless I find a used one) but I'm a bit conflicted whether to buy the 14-45 or 20mm, any advice or anyone whos had to make a similar choice would be great!

2. Only GF-1 kit I could find came with the 14-45mm. Was looking for the 20mm kit. Ends up I'm really liking the 14-45mm. When the price dropped I picked up a 20mm. Outside of the size issue both have uses where one is better suited than the other. Personally I would purchase the less expensive, better price valued lens 1st. Then hope the other lens becomes available for a decent cost. Unless you have a specific need for one or the other lens.

3. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Just FYI, there's one currently for sale here in the marketplace...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.