Showcase Panasonic 20mm f/1.7

Karl_Jr

Mu-43 Regular
Waited for someone to pass by. After 15 minutes of taking blurry pictures of people passing by, decided to leave the scene "alone"
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I start a new job tomorrow after leaving my 17.5 year position at my prior job. Rewarded myself with this Taylor GS mini acoustic guitar and to keep my Soprano Ranch Uke company. Image taken with my trusty go to 20mm pancake on the gx9. Life is good.
View attachment 739652
good luck on the new gig!

your strength and expertise will be on full display.

thumbs up.

rob

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro

E-P5 with PL 20mm @ f/2.5, 1/160 sec, ISO 200

E-P5 with PL 20mm @ f/2.5, 1/160 sec, ISO 200

Real Name
Joshua

60 second shot with a star tracking stabilizer. Jupiter on the lower right, Saturn on the mid-left.

Real Name
Joshua
I was just about to ask if you had a tracking rig cuz that's super sharp for 60 seconds. (also rather impressive looking at f/1.7)
Ya, this was the first chance I had to really use my SkyTracker Pro on a clear calm night. Considering this was from my backyard, with some mild light pollution I am pretty happy. I will be taking the rig on a road trip soon, and should have more chances to take shots from the middle-of-no-where.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
Ya, this was the first chance I had to really use my SkyTracker Pro on a clear calm night. Considering this was from my backyard, with some mild light pollution I am pretty happy. I will be taking the rig on a road trip soon, and should have more chances to take shots from the middle-of-no-where.
In regards to light pollution, I also noticed this being advertised pretty heavily (the way it works makes sense to me, not just a color shift, it blocks out that orangeish wavelength so you get more exposure from the rest without as much time). Haven't really seen any consumer take on it. Night Sky

Real Name
Joshua
In regards to light pollution, I also noticed this being advertised pretty heavily
Actually I used one of those for these night shots (first time using it). They do work to bring out more color.
I just posted my review with a before/after photo to the Amazon page for the one I used.
The camera was set to manual, and all settings were the same between shots other than the filter.

I should say, it does get rid of the orangish hue, but it does not get rid of the actual light. Your photo will still lose some contrast in the from of bluish light.

Last edited:

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
Actually I used one of those for these night shots (first time using it). They do work to bring out more color.
I just posted my review with a before/after photo to the Amazon page for the one I used.
The camera was set to manual, and all settings were the same between shots other than the filter.

That's over half the price of the breakthrough version, going to have to look into that, the Haidas I've seen tended to be decent (I use Breakthrough for their CPL and 10-stop ND, but I have some Hoya Solas ND for 3-stop and 6-stop). I'll be hitting up the U.P. in August, and that'll hopefully help with what little bit of light pollution is coming from the Marquette area.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro

Brecht

Mu-43 Regular

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus
My wife

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus

another one at my wife. that P20 continues to deliver!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom