Showcase Panasonic 20mm f/1.7

Hikari

Mu-43 All-Pro
No problems, Will. I'm usually stabbing the dark when it comes to intricacies of colour management so your example is a good one to learn from. It's always been hard to get colours right inside this Cathedral because of the combination of natural and artificial light. The GH1 has great white balance outdoors in daylight but can get tripped up indoors.
You were actually lucky in this image. The a curve controls the green/magenta and essentially the correction take the green and magenta out without touching blue/yellows. If a cardinal was somewhere in the image in a red suit, then this correction would have been more complex.

WB can really not compensate for mixed lighting situation. It can only try to find a point where two perpendicular axis, blue/yellow and green/magenta, is the most balanced.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
I've been going back and forth with this one as to which I like best, the non-corrected image is interesting because it isn't real ... while the color-corrected is interesting because it is 'more' real. I think this is a philosophical and in this case more of a theological dilemma than a choice for mere mortals to make.

Gary

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hikari

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've been going back and forth with this one as to which I like best, the non-corrected image is interesting because it isn't real ... while the color-corrected is interesting because it is 'more' real. I think this is a philosophical and in this case more of a theological dilemma than a choice for mere mortals to make.

Gary
Actually, it is just up to the photographer. ;) I just thought Nik would be interested in the technique whether he finally did this to the image or not.

mix123

Mu-43 Regular

Manu-4Vendetta

Mu-43 Top Veteran

danska

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joe
Borrowed the 20mm for a night on Saturday. Great IQ from this lens, don't see that it is lacking anything other than focus speed, compared to the PL25. The slightly wider FOV for these indoor shots worked very well.

Tonight's Selection by danska8, on Flickr

View attachment 223751
Enough glasses? by danska8, on Flickr

Great food! by danska8, on Flickr

xdayv

Color Blind
Real Name
Dave

danska

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joe
Thank you. It worked really well for me. Problem is in most cases the 25 does everything right for me, rarely do I feel it is too long. I would really like to own it, but owning the 14 and 25 is pretty sufficient. Also the banding issue with the OM-D scares me a bit.

KVG

Banned User
Real Name
Kelly Gibbons
We went fishing today and while the rods were cast my daughter made a second rig. She used a stick, some line, a hook and some pepperoni off her pizza, then hooked a whopper!

R i c h

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Rich
I came across a blind Dachshund that rides around in a make-shift basket last week in Ueno, Japan.

Shot at f/1.7 with a GX1.

bobraynard

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Bob Raynard
Newbe

"500" height="375" alt="P1010037"></a>[/IMG]

"500" height="375" alt="P6070443"></a>[/IMG]

Here's two using the P20 on an Olympus E-PM1.

billgreen

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bill Green
Lunch time - Cotacachi, Ecuador
EPL-1, 20mm

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/leicamini/7807716830/" title="Lunch - Cotacachi, Ecuador by Leica Bill, on Flickr">
"1024" height="768" alt="Lunch - Cotacachi, Ecuador"></a>
Is this cannibalism?? :rofl:

See more images from Ecuador here. (Check back often as I will be posting new images almost daily for some time to come.)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom