Panasonic 20mm banding on EM-10?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by sammykhalifa, Jun 30, 2014.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I know this was an issue with the EM-5, but I can't find much about it with the newer EM10. I think I saw some trying to shoot fireworks the other night, and I'm assuming it is the same issue (which I thought was corrected in the EM-1). I was wondering if anyone discovered any tricks to avoid it.

I'll post some images, but right now I'm at work pretending to be productive.

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Same sensor, same issue.

The easiest way to avoid it is to expose to the right (overexpose a little)...I find that it's much like banding with my old Canon 5D Mark II, that if I underexpose it's very pronounced...if I nail exposure or overexpose a tiny bit, the problem goes away...of course, that's easier said than done, since this is a high-ISO issue, when light isn't in abundant supply, but try that trick and it might help you. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Yeah, this was a pretty extreme situation I imagine--bright-as-the-sun fireworks against a black night sky. Just playing with different settings and saw it on some shots while reviewing last night. Others came out rather nice, once I remembered to re-engage the IS at least . . .

• Like Like x 1
  4. CiaranCReilly

CiaranCReilly Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    Dublin
    Ciaran Reilly
    Happens with my GX7 also, over 1000 ISO

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.