Panasonic 150mm 2.8 Coming at The End of the Year!!

humzai

Mu-43 Veteran
Great news everyone panasonic did indeed hold the lens up vs canceling it. It was held up due to manufacturing difficulties, it seems they have been surmounted and hopefully it will be released at Photokina in September.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

source: 43rumors

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
Thanks for sharing - so both this & the upcoming Oly 40-150 will be announced at Photokina September....
I hope so. It seems to me any news about the 40-150 f2.8 have dropped off the rumor radar. Here's hoping Photokina will reveal some surprises and also fulfill what's been in the pipeline.

humzai

Mu-43 Veteran
More then merely interesting, I think. It's significant for a few reasons. 1. it provides a competitor to the Olympus 40-150mm 2.8 and hopefully leads to better pricing for both. 2. It shows Panasonic's commitment to the system. 3. Maybe it is indicative of the success of Panasonic's recent cameras especially the GH4 as it is much more suited to it, then any of their other cameras.

tosvus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I wish The focal length was a bit longer, seeing I already have The 35-100. Maybe they could finally start selling a teleconverter at least. If Panasonic could make a stabilized 300/4 that would be best.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Good, now maybe I won't need to spend time correcting the posters who keep saying the lens was 'cancelled'.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Nothing wrong with a 300mm equiv f/2.8. The $7300, 2.4 kg Canon equivalent is one of their most popular super telephoto lenses.

What would be nice would be a top-notch matching teleconverter.

humzai

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm hoping that Panasonic releases it along with their zoom teleconvertor. They patented a design for one a few years ago and with the release of this lens could you think of a more perfect accessory? A 150mm 2.8 a 210mm 4 and a 300mm 5.6 all in one nice and small package. Not the size of optic but it's motion in the ocean baby!

hoodlum

Mu-43 Veteran
I am not interested is a 2xtc to get to 300mm. There would be too much of a sacrifice in IQ and AF speed. A 300mm prime would be a much better performer.

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
I'm not interested in this in the least bit.

HOWEVER...I'm very happy to see a continued expansion of our system. Not only does it show Oly/Pan's commitment to the platform, but it should hopefully get more and more people to buy into M4/3...you know, the one's who are saying "I would get M4/3...BUT..." well, more and more of those "but"s are being answered...interested or not, this is a significant and serious piece of gear coming our way. Good to see...good to see. :)

BobbyTan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am not interested is a 2xtc to get to 300mm. There would be too much of a sacrifice in IQ and AF speed. A 300mm prime would be a much better performer.

A 1.5x TC with 1 stop of light loss shouldn't be too bad. Would be nice to have a 150/2.8 + 300/4 + 1.5x TC.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
For me size matters ;) And the smaller the better.

I am interested in small primes over fast primes so a 150/4 and a 300/5.6 would be more interesting to me. A little extra noise by raising the ISO is a small price to pay when I am backpacking, especially at my age.

The 150/2.8 with a 2x TC could be a compromise.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom